cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Oh, that darn "feeling"..

sharon110
0 8 12

We had company today, had a wonderful time. I kept thinking about the cigarette.. I will not have one, it is not an option, but eight days in? seriously? . It's how it goes with me, yesterday I hardly thought of it at all. Maybe the process is different for everyone?.  We are all like snowflakes, each one is different..LOL

None of our guests today are smokers, so it's not that. I snuck away for a few earlier to come here. I read a few blogs, went over my reasons to be free, and of course it all worked. I am just getting tired of the feeling...I wish it would leave already. It is so much easier to control now, I will take my blessings where I can find them.!..So, there is that feeling, and the automatic reach for a cigarette... It's weird how it is all just so automatic. 

I will carry on, continue with the positive mental state and of course protect the quit. I will never go through this again I tell you! that alone will keep the quit in tact. I guess I just have to accept that it is a process, quitting is hard work, and it shall get better with time. I will admit though, I am a little disappointed that the feeling is still there on some level 8 days in. I suppose after 28 years of smoking, my brain has a right to be a tad pissed.

8 Comments