cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Oh, sorry I apologize...

Lisa1030
3 15 158

Going out to have lunch with a friend...

Thinking OH BOY a wonderful time, fantastic conversation,  and then the "can we like go outside so I can smoke and we can continue our conversation " while we wait for our table request/ question.

Wow...ok yeah sure...sorry you want to smoke , you want to stand outside in Colorado in January in the cold and smoke.

You forgot I can't smoke, won't smoke ,quit smoking, hate cold windy outside and  cold and smoke really bothers my respiratory system.

From arrival time to the time needing.to smoke was 3 minutes...

I really was so disappointed in this request...

40 years...a friendship of 40 years...

I feel like I have to.make a hard choice...

I  have to reevaluate the friendship...since I would like to think 40 years is worth something...but my health is far more important.

From the request I felt that the need to smoke by my friend was of great importance than my friendship was.

I am taking a few days to think how best  to approach and set new limits...

I guess I could say, "oh go ahead and go.outside and smoke, I will stay inside in case they call.us for our table...I am.not willing to stand around outside in the smoking.area while.you smoke.

My health means more to.me than your need to smoke."

Pretty sure since I am not willing to be around smoke this will mean an end of a long time friendship. 

But after 5 and a half years of being.smoke free.and my friend knows this was it was why we.were having to have lunch to celebrate..I want to.think for an hour my friend could refrain.

Thank you for "listening" to.my story.

I am worth more than a smoke... 

15 Comments