cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

OUCH

vanlil
4 11 124

I broke my big toe and fractured the metatarsal a couple of weeks  ago.  yeah wheel chair big boot and now a walker.When will it allow me to walk without pain and drive the car.Phew the storm is missing us here in Key West.

For  this I am so grateful. 

Lillian

11 Comments
MarilynH

Huge caring hug coming your way vanlil, I'm so glad that the storm is going to miss you I'm sending up good thoughts and prayers for you for a very speedy recovery.

Barbscloud

So sorry to hear about your mishap.  Take care and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Barb

Giulia

Awwwww.   If you can't drive, it must be your right foot.  That's really frustrating.  May you be pain free SOOOOOON!

meWisconsin

Now is when we need self driving cars.

Stay safe and heal well.

Terry

RoseH

Pink Bouquet.jpg

Will this help?  vanlil‌   So sorry you are in pain!

vanlil

Ahhh thanks dear friends for your loving thoughts.  Guilia ia correct I  can't drive and my husband  can't drive but I have friends driving me to the Dr, tomorrow .  Walking better with my FRANKENSTIEN boot and a walker.  Pain is tolerable at last. But I don't have to smoke over it.  Phew

Giulia

I've worn that Frankenstein boot more times than I want to recount.  Months at a time.  Actually even got mad enough that I DROVE with it.  So I KNOW what you're going through.  Glad the pain is at least tolerable as of now.  One thing I know for sure - there ain't nothin' gonna keep you down!

vanlil

The Dr,used Laser to help the broken toe.  Having another treatment on Thurs. Have to impose on another friend (?) to drive me and husband got for our appts. NO GUILIE I won't take a chance driving with the HUGE BOOT on. Your a gutsy gal  but I am a chicken.

Giulia

Ahhh.... you're not a chicken.  Just aren't willing to take the chance of crashing your car.  And that's not a bad thing!  That's called understanding yourself.  That's called Wisdom!   "Gutsy gal" becomes "stupid gal" when it all goes wrong.  We know what we're capable of.  And we weigh that against the myriad choices we have.  I didn't go trotting off to the store with a boot on without testing it out first, around our country roads.  I'm not an idiot (as I often say to my husband! lol)  We do what we're comfortable with.  Except with quitting where we venture deeply into the UN-comfortable!

Those people who go out of the way of their day to drive us to doctor's appts... are wonderful people.  Whether they're "friends" or not is a whole different thing.  Good Christians do things for other people because it's the loving thing to do.  And actually you don't need to be "Christian" to do the loving thing to help other people.  The fact that they're there for you, shows you their heart.  That's all you need to see and know.  In my opinion.  

indingrl

animated_1596536742386.gif 

elvan

Oh Lillian, I am so sorry.  I am CONSTANTLY walking running into things and having to deal with broken toes. My little toes on both feet are now impossible to get to stay with the other toes...they are at varying angles in relation to the rest of my foot.I have broken others as well and remember how painful the recovery was, I have never worn one of those boots, I figure I am enough of a danger to myself with my balance issues on nothing but my own feet. I swear that if there is something hard in front of me, one or both of my feet will find it and connect with it...WHY do I not wear shoes?  I cannot answer that with any reasonable response.  I agree with Giulia‌ regarding your "friends" driving you and your husband to appointments. Those people are showing their hearts and you are giving them the gift of allowing them to do so.

I am so glad that the hurricane missed the keys, I was watching its progress and wondering where it would end up.  Looks like this is going to be a particularly active season, may the keys be spared.

I hope you feel better with each passing moment, I am not familiar with the laser treatment you mentioned but I hope that it is not painful.  I wouldn't drive with a boot on either...I would be afraid of hitting and hurting someone else.

XOXO,

Ellen

About the Author
I appreciate growing older gracefully and grateful that I am still "with it" at my age. Teach palates 3 X's a week and long time Pres. and Past Pres. of a Classical Concert Group. Going to be 81 July 3, 2017.