Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

ONE YEAR

Sootie
0 26 29

Hello All----

First---thank you to Tommy for the lovely blog he wrote to honor my one year anniversary. He is a true friend. Also, thank you to all my friends on here especially the other November to Remember people. The difference in this quit from all the others was friends to share the journey....what a fantastic benefit.

Well, I made it one year! 

I will not tell you it was easy---it was not.

HOWEVER, it was not (as some like to put it) "The hardest thing I've ever done!"

And it certainly was not impossible because----VOILA!!!----here I am at one year.

If you are thinking you can't do it---you are wrong----YOU CAN.

If you are wishing you were at the one year mark----don't wish, work----YOU WILL BE.

In it's truest form---freedom cannot be bestowed....it must be achieved.

Work for it....it's so worth it.

Thank you, everybody.

26 Comments
hwc

I love one year celebrations! An entire cycle, including all the seasonal first-time triggers. All the holiday triggers. The first time summer triggers. The first time winter triggers. The first time Christmas dinner triggers. All history, now.  Plus, statistically, the overwhelming majority of one-year qutters stay quit for the rest of their lives. That could be 100% if they would all just take out the dirt-cheap "never take another puff" insurance.

Congratulations!

Live4thedash

Congratulations on one year! A major milestone!!   Every thing you said is true!

I really like when you said "wishing you were at the one year mark----don't wish, work-----you will be"

That is so true...early on one hour at a time,,then it's one day,,and even though in the beginning you're going oh my what the heck is going on.....then all of a sudden! Time fly's by...why?  because you take the pressure off and boom...it just happens!

Congrats!

NOPE & NEF!

jojo29

Cngrats on one yr, I m sure u earned that one yr and worked very hard to get where u are right now, thats great. 🙂 wen i see people like u who is at 6mo-one yr, i have to say i reli admire people like u. so keep on going and dont stop. stay strong n smoke free, day by day hr by hr. thanks for posting.,joanne.

daisy6

Congratulations Sootie! I am sooooooooo happy for you. Please tell me you are going to treat yourself to something wonderful to celebrate. You deserve only the very best!!!  :0)

Thomas3.20.2010

"Freedom can not be bestowed -it must be achieved!" True in all aspects of life! And that's what I like about the quit - it is just that - REAL LIFE - the way it's supposed to be - addiction FREE! You showed me how to get it done and to neither minimize nor maximize the experience - but live it for what it is - cheerfully! Thank You!

maggie_8-1-2010

" /> Oh Happy day! here's a round of applause for you! One year is truly something. Congratulations to you Sootie and thanks for all you give here.

Debi12

Sootie, CONGRATULATIONS!!   Your big day is here -- One Year smoke- free Anniversary!!!!!!

What a HUGE day ,,,,,  I'm glad to be in the November to Remember gang.  How wonderful to

be a part of such a great bunch of quitters! 

Celebrate and enjoy your day !!!     : )

jeannie2

FANTASTIC SOOTIE SO PROUD OF YOU AND GO PARTY TODAY!

butt-kicker

Congratulations Graphic #2

Congratulations | Forward this Picture">

YOu did it Sootie and I am so proud of you!! Here's to another year of freedom!!! Cheers!

Hugs!

Diane

bella65

im so proud of  you to.i cant post pictures in blogs.but congrats.

pir8fan

"freedom can not be bestowed....it must be achieved" Wooooooooo Hooooooooooo! What powerful words! I would have bet that in response to your party you would deliver a profound statement that should echo in the souls of all of us! You never disappoint!! Thank you for gracing us with your presence for this past year and we hope that you will stay with us for a long, long time!!!

charliej

Congratulations !!   If your one year experience is like mine, I believe you now truely feel like an ex smoker.  It was a very important milestone for me..........and for you as well I'm sure. 

Be proud of yourself everyday.

onelasttime

WHOOO HOOOOOOOO how wonderful for you. I  can feel the excitement for you I know it has to be a great feeling and yes you have as said before had all the first and probably most of the temptations pass by you by now so move ahead and enjoy the rest of you life...smokefree is a great preference..Hugs Deb

empathy

Congrats, BIG TIME!!!! I did not mean to be late for the party! Glad I did not miss last call. THANK YOU FOR BEING THE FIRST PERSON TO WELCOME ME HERE. Keep up the good work. You are a BIG part of this program.     Tammy

molzep

What a wonderful anniversary! Way to go Sootie! Remember last year when you were headed for your first Thanksgiving as an ex smoker! Now you're practically a pro!

Wahoo!!!!

laurie37

Hooray for you Sootie!!!! Yes, it IS worth it!

(((HUGS)))

Laurie

Mary155

Congratulations!  Awesome quit Sootie!

lois2

i am proud of you ,  one year,  GOOD JOB

Rick_M

Well said !!!.....Congrats to you... another success

dixie5

That is soooo wonderful!!!!  good for you,  you keep me going thank you...

cawcaw

Congratulations on one year!

Strudel

Sootie - Congratulations for your remarkable accomplishment of one year! Thank you SO much for staying here and helping those of us coming behind you! You in turn inspire us to stay.....and on it goes! Celebrate!!

cb_3

Congratulations Sootie.....your fabulous darling!!!

Bonnie11.3.2009

Just so happy for you, Sootie!  Enjoy!

AutumnWoman

CONGRATULATIONS SOOTIE!!!  One year without smokes is outstanding!!  Thanks for being a strong example!

jawidge

Thanks to you Sootie,  You've been great.   George

About the Author
I quit smoking in 2009 after years and years of addiction. I just became sick and tired of the whole smoking thing. This site was a lifesaver with the support I received...so as you can see, I hung around to help others. I became friends with many people....some are here now and some are gone. Welcome to anyone who is new....this is EX....we are all here for each other.