cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

OMG! 6 MONTHS!!!!

madsmurf
0 11 28

I can not believe it's been 6 months since I've smoked a cigarette! I never thought I'd be able to quit smoking, but here I am! A NON SMOKER!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO! I love being able to tell people I don't smoke, or walking into a resturant and asking for the non smoking section. Do I think about smoking? Yes. I think about all the money I spent, all the time I wasted, all the poison I put in my body (and my kids bodies from second hand smoke), and I think about all the family members I've lost to lung cancer.

I still feel that little monster trying to sneak up on me every now and then, but he's so weak now that I can just laugh him off and go on about my business without even giving a thought to actually smoking. I could never imagine smoking again. I wish all the smokers in the world could know the way I feel right now. How easy it is for me to say no. How all the fear and intimidation that haunted me in the begining really was only temporary and is just a bad memory now. I wish I would have known how easy this was going to be years ago.

For those of you just starting your quits, stay strong and don't give up! It really does get easier. I promise! Those of you who have been quit for years and are still sticking around to help encourage others to quit...THANK YOU! I would have never been able to do this without the knowledge and support I got from all of you! Love to you all!                                              Jessica

11 Comments
obz900

What a wonderfully inspirational post. I hope to be where you are 6 months from now.

pappasmurf

Glad you keeping your quit strong, very proud of you "CONGRATZ"!!!

And keep up the good work!!!

JonesCarpeDiem

WOW!!!

Great Job Jessica!

Yaya2.6.10

Hooray for six months!  That is huge!

Lonita

congratulations2.gif

sprinkles104

Congratulations on six smoke-free months!  That is amazing.  Can't wait until I'm at 6 months!

peacefulspirit06

Oh how I long for 6 months. 3 weeks and it's all mind consuming.

Strudel

Wow - Congrats on 6 months! Great milestone! 

Bonnie11.3.2009

Great Milestone, now on to your first year!  yes, you can do it!  Congratulations!

dunwitit-dave

What a great blog!!  Thank you! I'm at 13 days and the Nicodemon is messin with me, but I have no fear! My EX friends like you are awesome!!  Congrats!!

bella65
Way to go I'm right behind you I'm. 5months