cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Not sure why I waited to say hello and thank you...

BenG-TF
10 9 156

Hi...I'm 8 days nicotine free and my last smoke was 11:45 on NYE. 

And, actually I know why I waited...I figured there's no point of introducing myself only to disappear a few days later, waste your time and embarrass myself.  I've tried before, but each time after a few days told myself, "see there, you can quit, so no big deal if you start again."  I was already having thoughts of starting again and pretty much assumed it was a certainty I'd be smoking again by day 3, and honestly, soooo looking forward to it because just 2 and half days was brutal.  

I knew I'd need to do something different this time around so I went searching online and found this site a few days after I quit.  Then I started lurking around on here for hours at a time.  Reading articles, blogs, picking up ideas, learning tricks...benefiting from the support and motivation that was being shared by fellow exers and Ex team members.  How lucky for me to find you all.

So, nearly 9 days in, I feel like its time to emerge from the shadows, offer my gratitude and let this community know I was destine for failure.  100%.  Without this group, this site, this support...I was doomed. I must now do my best to be an active contributor which I think will aid in my quit, and help provide the same support and motivation that has gotten me this far.

9 Comments