cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Not new to this............

texasjools
0 18 232

This will be my 7th time to try and quit. My quit date is June 10th and I have already stocked up on inhalers and liquid.  I have smoked for 40 years and have COPD plus it's killing me.  You would think that that would motivate me but it doesn't.  The addiction is stronger than the will to quit.  You see, I like to smoke.  I will miss it badly and I have nothing to replace it with.  When I quit I tend to have weak moments where I say, oh, what the hell, one isn't going to hurt.  I have never gone more than 3 days without a cigarette.  Recently. two of my friends have died from smoking, just stopped breathing in their sleep.  That is scary.  Anyway, I am gonna try this program and start working on my triggers.  I refuse to give up trying. Maybe this time it will work.  I am going to use e-cigs again.  I don't particularly like them but I have to have something to inhale and do with my hands. I really haven't given them a good chance.  If I can get past the first three days, I know I can do it.  I have never accomplished this before.  Fingers crossed.

18 Comments