Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Not at full strength,

OldBones-Larry
0 22 69

But I am back.

Thank Wise One Above I decided I had to throw away those death sticks when I had surgery. 218 days without them saved me this time.

I now have to keep an inhaler with me at all times, and take nebulizer treatments. I am so glad I can come and see every one of you.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I know that the Creator heard them.

I love and cherish each and every one of you my friends.

Tags (1)
22 Comments
Courage

So glad to hear from you our friend, we had an APB out on you.... 😉 

Keep up your breathing treatments so you can build your strenght back up.

We missed you, hugs

annb
Oh Dearest Larry, Soooo glad to see you back. Thank God you are on the mend! Yes and without 218 days of the poison!!!! We have missed you soooo much. I'm making my way carefully through NML. You trained the camels so well and the provisions and weapons you left for us have saved me many times! But we are running low so you are here just in time!!! Take it easy though and lean on us now!!! Blessings, ann
LouiseR

Larry so happy to hear from you.  You have been sooo missed.  Please rest and take it easy to get your strength back.  Lots of prayers still being said for you.

rosemarymom

Larry, so glad you are back!  Everyone was worried when we did not hear from you.  Congrats on the 218 days also!  Even the camels seemed worried and uncertain.

Love & hugs!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Yes just think how bad it would have been if you were still smoking.  We missed you and hope that you are back on the mend and fighting spitting camels again soon.  Love you Larry!

Jackie

JonesCarpeDiem

Smoke free stay free

good to see you back

linda.mustafa

Good to see you back 🙂

Sick-of-it

You'll be happy to know I made it out of NML five days ago.  I am happy you guys blazed a trail for me to get through.  

phyllis-12-7-15

Welcome back Larry, you have been missed.

HUGS

Giulia

Glad.  Very glad.

moody_9-18-13

I heard you were in the hospital.  I have had you in my thoughts and prayers, dear Brother.  I knew something was not right, as you were not answering messages.

So good to have you back!

elvan

Welcome back, Larry, you were so missed.  I am glad that the Creator heard all of those prayers...PLEASE do what you have to do to get better.  Perhaps this nebulizer thing will pass.  I have one available in case I need it and I am sure that it saved me back in January but I have not had to use it since.  

I, for one, will keep up the prayers and I am sure that I am not alone.  The camels have missed you.  Hope you didn't catch anything from THEM.

Hugs and more hugs, Ellen

sawbuckjohn

Welcome back Larry! Glad you're back. Maybe we'll start accross the desert again soon?

Chris265

Great to see you back here!

newlife5

so haappy to see you my friend...i was getting worried

Thomas3.20.2010

Every day is a gift, Larry! And every day I share with you on this journey is extra special! So glad you made it through. My prayers for recovery continue but mostly I wish you comfort. God Bless!

msgardengirl320

Happy to see yur post! Another long journey ahead of you; but you are experienced now & know how to get thru the tough times. Glad you are back, but rest will do you good. Prayers & thoughts are with you.

freeneasy

Glad to see ya (-:

Strudel

Oh - I am so glad you are home! You were missed! Please take care! 

elims-09-14-13

Happy Happy dance around the campfire tonight! SO glad to see you dear one! 

Brenda_M

So glad you're back, Larry! You've been missed!!!

jacks1125

So Happy you are back and stronger then ever,BIg Hug to U!!

About the Author
I am a male that underwent coronary artery bypass X3 (triple) on 10/22/13 at the age of 55. I was living on about 20-30% of one coronary artery and my left heart output was only 20% to 25%. I spent a week in the hospital after surgery and went home. Then had to go back a day later for another week because I had pneumonia. Finally a few days because of a slight arythmia. All told it has been about 2 1/2 weeks. I am past the cravings by now and only have the urges to contend with. I really don't suggest that anyone quits smoking using this technique though. I'll have to carry the scars from that day for the rest of my life. The large one down the center of my chest, and the ones from several "silent" infarctions. I came that close to the next world. Never again will I subject my body to that (at one point in my life I was smoking 5 packs of cigarillos a day). I now have to say N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) every day of my life. TheOldGoat-Joan, I miss you terribly my friend. Elder Lists Guilia's: (/blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016 ) or Smorgy's (Chronological Elder List)