cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Non-Smoker Day 6

marbech
0 10 17

Good morning.  It is a lovely day here in Maryland  I am on the short string because I have a few errands to do this morning, then driving to Philadelphia to meet my daughters, son-in-laws and grandson (and friends) for a belated birthday celebration. 

I am looking forward to the weekend, mindful, but not worried about relapse.  I am going to be the new poster child for "you can quit smoking even if you have done it for almost half a century."  I am so upset about my beloved friend, and the way this all happened, and my new-found reality that cigarettes can kill  -- and kill me -- for real, that I cannot imagine myself ever intentionally inhaling cigarette smoke again.

As someone said, I am not giving up cigarettes, I am getting rid of them.

Have a wonderful weekend, all. Will check back in on Monday.

10 Comments
TerrieQuit

Congratulations on day 6  You aren't giving up cigarettes you are gaining your life back. Cigarettes do nothing for you!

You can do this!

See ya Monday!

Terrie  33 DOF

OldBones-Larry

Pack your Quit Toolbox in the trunk where you can find it easily. You CAN do this. You have a very good start on your quit journey. Have a great week-end.

Larry

jonilou

Good head on your shoulders, positive outlook, determined attitude, sounds great! Onward you go !

linda258

It is a beautiful day in the Philly area too.  Enjoy your day. Keep your guard around you and avoid drinking.... but have fun! Congrats on one week coming up tomorrow! 

marbech

Can't wait to put more and more time between me and cigarettes.  Thanks everybody!!!

jjbob

Congrats to you!! I am on day seven without a cigarette.  Had some wine last night and had an urge to light one up..... but that passed quickly.  I told myself that this Quit is for real.  I feel so much better about myself already.  It is surprising the feeling of Power I feel.  Quite unexpected!!   You (and me) can do this!!!

sparky26

Woohoo ! Congratulations , doing great !!!!!

bonniebee

Congrats to you !!!!! I have to remind myself sometimes that I did not give up cigarettes ! I have gained Freedom ! The freedom that I longed for every time I lit up a cigarette ! I hated being addicted to them !

I now have a wonderful 181 days of freedom !

freeneasy

Congrats and great job -6 days smoke free-would you thought you could do that a few months ago? You did! keep it up one dat at  time.

marbech

That's right. Me and JJBob can do this. I had some wine and a few drinks over the weekend and barely felt a twinge.  I am starting to think that if you are scared enough, it is easier.  The thought of ever smoking again is very scary to me.  I am afraid of it. In fact, last night I had a dream that I smoked a cigarette and I was horrified and very disturbed.  I am busy making memories of living without cigarettes and it is a wonderful thing.