cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

No smoking over it but, do you know what this is?

JonesCarpeDiem
0 27 188

27 Comments
cookie804

a retarded tomato??????????

hellbilly_va2

Is it the fabled tomacco from The Simpsons?

YoungAtHeart

A pomegranate?

Do I get a prize if I'm right?  Do I?  Do I?

🙂

John10forteen

WOW, I SEE IT! .....I don't usually get these! That's awesome Dale....

JonesCarpeDiem

no one's got it right yet

newlife5

its a persimmon... i love persimmon cookies

newlife5

looks like maybe a fuyu persimmon

the onlu reason i know this is because i go to farmers markets...

JonesCarpeDiem

You got it Izzy!

newlife5

yeah we are having problems with mountain lions and bears because they cant find food  all their natural foods like berries have already ripened and with the drought they are hungry and thirsty  they are coming down from the foothills and into neighborhoods...

SweetMelissa4

I would have never guessed that one!  I actually never even heard of a persimmon...lol.  Great job Izzy!

JonesCarpeDiem

Pssssst...Izzy

don't tell the mountain lions about the persimmon tree.

Deena-A-Yenni

like.

LouiseR

what's a persimmon?

JonesCarpeDiem

crunchy like an apple but tastes like a persimmon. lolol

LouiseR

Doesn't look like any apple I've ever seen!

JonesCarpeDiem

http://www.thekitchn.com/the-seasonal-ba-162795

perhaps you might bake something persimmony Louise?

LouiseR

I just may have to Dale!

856beverly

I saw these in our Costco yesterday.  I have never tried a persimmon.  Do you have a tree, Dale?

JonesCarpeDiem

ya. a tree!

i sit beneath it every morning when Hoggie is out for his morning free time.

856beverly

Very cool, I will have to pick these up and try them with the kiddos.

promise_judy

Yep, it's a persimmon, but the ones we had back in Maryland were smaller and you had to wait until after the first frost to eat them. Before the frost they would make your mouth pucker LOL.

JonesCarpeDiem

there are two types. one you eat like an app,e while firm.

the other you have to let ripen until soft.

the one in the picture is the 1st type. the ones Judy is speaking of are the second type.

the second type is used for baking more than the first type/

newlife5

yeah and boy are they sweet!!!  i actually preferr them...cause like i said pesimmon cookies  and persimmon bars... yummm .. an all time autum favorite

MarilynH

Very interesting I never would have guessed correctly in a million years. I never heard of it before, hey I learned something new today right on . thanks everyone. 

phyllis-12-7-15

I have a few trees. Have never eaten any but the deer sure love them.

Magstoyou

You can make cookies out of the ones for baking-they are great!!! I make cookies at Christmas time!!!

Mag

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.