cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

No more excuses!!!

Joan_01-02-2015
0 14 23

Sometimes this is so much easier said than accepted.  I remember the early days of my quit.  Yes, I desperately wanted to quit, but I felt like I wasn't ready to "change".  I didn't know how not to be a smoker.  So, I was not one of those who just quit cold turkey.  I made the decision I was going to quit.  I made gradual changes, and over time, I am still me - just a nicer, less stinky, healthier and happier, less anxious version!  Still have my moments, no lying there.  But, I made the decision to NOT have any more excuses.  Was it easy - NO.  Was it worth it - ABSOLUTELY!!!  May you find what works for you.  May you find strength from the friends you encounter on Ex - may you quit making excuses, and make the choice to change, and accept life - no more excuses!!

14 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Thank you for your inspirational blog - it was just what I needed to hear at this moment.  Congratulations on your quit!

Newfound_Joy

Nobody wants to change, especially when it involves our ADDICTION or our best "friend."  Great post, Joan, and thanks for the reminders.

YOU NEWCOMERS.....PLEASE BELIEVE HER WORDS WHEN SHE SAYS

IT IS ABSOLUTELY WORTH IT!!  I cannot stress that enough.

marilyn_marmac

Great message! Congratulations to you for taking control.

Deena-A-Yenni

Thank you for your blog.  I see you're almost at the 6%er's club.  Congratulations.  I am on 51 days of my quit.  Had a lot of smoking memories today but after my 2 mile walk gasping for breath I think not.  Eh hem.  The thoughts are gone.

Michwoman

Hi Joan!!! Great to see you! Isn't his freedom wonderful?

indingrl

too cool and thanks for sharing you great gratitude and STAYING QUIT NO MATTER WHAT AND TEACHING ME TO  DO THE SAME♥ May God continue to bless you with many many more NICOTINE FREE DAYS in Jesus name blood and his faith amen and amen♥

nanawendy

Joan, Take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go .

Love Ya

keep calm and carry on

wendy

12/31/12

lois2

way to GO,   congrats  joan

joyeuxencore

Awesome blog Joan!

I just spent the day with Tommy & Skygirl who I met by quitting smoking! A great benefit...

I am SO excited to see you are at 298 days!!! xo

JonesCarpeDiem

Bravo!

onward and upward!

ruta01

I love your post! It was what I needed to read today.  An inspiration to one on her second quit.  I am not beating myself up but.... this time ... I will stay a non-smoker.  Even the wheezing is getting better, only after three days.  

moody_9-18-13

YES!

ShawnP

🙂

Thomas3.20.2010

You've got Quititude, Joan! Now don't lose it!