cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

No blog in a while

Phreck62
1 11 145

Hey there my fine fellow peeps I'm still hanging in there still not smoking .ya me!!! We are still WAITING for spring to get here in northern maine I know the calander.might say spring 

But here in maine sometimes winter doesn't like to let go.anywho.I'm doing well still haveing very little cravings and my Mrs who is 5 months no smoking. Next month which is next week wow imagine that April is almost here. We will have easter and I will be 55 year's old and 3 months of no smoking. I know that I am still no man's land. But I have had no relapses of any kind and I have been around smokers and in all honesty I am doing good. I have never asked any one for a smoke or had a  nick fit to go run to the store 

So I pritty much think that this is great for me 

Keep looking forward to the day when you can say  that enough is enough and I am going to do this 

Hey you got this 

Later my peeps nice chatting with you. I just wanted to step in here and let everyone know that I am doing good ciao baby

11 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Good job to you and your Mrs.  on quitting smoking!  Hope that spring is just around the corner for you!

JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You!

YoungAtHeart

Good to see you, and better still to hear how well you are doing!  We love to hear from our success stories - and yours is now in the books!

Do be mindful that you will have smoking memories for the next two years of the changing of seasons, holidays, and family dramas.  They are just memories and easy to dismiss, but I didn't want you to be worried about having them.  It's perfectly normal.  The "end of task reward" memory is the last for me to go away - still will think, "gee, a cigarette would be nice right now" thought when I take a break from cleaning or yard work.  I know better and shrug if off!  You will, too, I am sure!

Nancy

elvan

Congratulations to you and your wife, what a great blog, filled with goodness!  Hope Spring comes soon to you!

gardenancy8

That is awesome! Keep it up!  I love reading this, continues to give me the will to keep going one day at a time, and things will keep getting better!  

Giulia

Happy to know you two are still gong strong.  (one of your peeps.....)

Image result for baby chick pics

Phreck62

Well hello my friends and a happy April 

Wow already spring is almost here we still have some snow here in maine but today I saw 2 Robins that's a good sign. And my birthday is next week on the  12th I'll be 55 does that make me a senior citizen. Lol. And it's been 4 months of no smoking. Well on the 6th will be 4 months. Oh happy day for me. I know that it's hard people but it can be done I know that it doesn't work for everyone but please give it a try. Failure is not a option. Like master yoda said do or do not there is no try. I just like being positive and trying. To motivate.well I hope that you all have a good April easter is almost upon us .have a good one 

All the best 

Mark

Enjoy! !

Giulia

No, it does  NOT make you a  senior citizen at 55.  Well, unless you shop at Goodwill, and certain other places, then you get a discount!  And in that sense - grab your "senior citizen" status ASAP!  And REJOICE when you are afforded "senior citizenship" by our Government and "Welcome to Medicare!!!!"  Otherwise - if you think of yourself as a "senior citizen" at 55 - where do you have to go from there?  Is there life after "senior citizenship?"  Perhaps they'll term it "ancient citizenship."   Those who have reached the age of.... 75?  

On another note - OF COURSE you still have snow in Maine now.  It's Maine!  I lived in NY state for 20 years.  (Not too far away.)   Saw snow on tulips. The leaves don't come out on the trees 'til May.  This shouldn't be a surprise.  Just like cravings shouldn't be a surprise for anybody at any stage of their quit journey.  

What birds have returned to your neck of the woods, you avid bird watcher, you?  I am a Northerner and the adjustment to living in the South has been tough - heatwise.  But one of the joys of living here is the song of the nightingale.  Well, call it a Catbird or Mockingbird, whatever you call it, it is the SWEETEST sound in the world to me.  It trills 20 songs one after the other.  What bird speaks to you the most?

You ARE motivating others by your quit.  What better motivation is there than a successful quit here.  As you said, "Failure is not an option."

Phreck62

Alright here's an updated on me and I don't mind sharing with you people but this is just a reminder to try to quit smoking. I was at my drs on the 6th 

AND had to do a breathing.test so because of years of smoking this goes for cigarettes and weed one too many bowls and pressure. I now have the famous C.O.P.D it not severe.it's moderate and my Dr put me on some meds for that as well. Oh joy of joys. So as you can see people this is why it's a bad idea to smoke. Oh and one more thing before I leave you. My Dr also said to me that it was a good thing that I quit when I did. And to me that didn't sound like a good thing. So please pass this on to your friends on here about smoking .till next time 

Have a good week. 

Mark 

elvan

BTW, I LOVE peeps.jpg

Giulia

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, Mark.  So glad you stopped smoking.  May all who read this take heed.  The sooner one quits, the better.