cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Nicotine Addiction Recovery Meditation -- Day 78 (Re-Post)

AutumnWoman
0 0 13

This is another one from Karen Casey’s book, If Only I Could Quit: Recovering from Nicotine Addiction.  AS the saying goes, “Take what you need and leave the rest.”

DAY 78

“Tobacco was a friend that I now know was really an enemy.”

Sometimes through unfortunate experiences, we learned that certain men and women in our lives were not the friends they professed to be.  All too frequently, they pretended to be friends to get something from us.  Cigarettes got something from us, too – our money, our peace of mind, our healthy bodies and our souls.

As smokers, we were not acting in concert with our best interests.  Cigarettes wielded great power over us, demanding our time and attention, not like an inconsiderate person.  Perhaps the finest thing we can be grateful for today is that we recognized cigarettes were enemies in disguise, and we assertively took back our power.

It’s not difficult to determine who is a genuine friend.  Getting quiet within allows our Spirit to share the wisdom.  It’s that same wisdom that will guide our every act if we’ll listen.

I’ll be quiet many times today and just listen within and find direction and strength.