Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Next Chapter of My Life

Billy_8-3-2013
0 9 90

Hi Everyone,

Quit counter shows 292 days today and a whole lot of money saved.  I want everyone to know that the early struggles are so worth it.  There are days now that I don't even think about smoking.  You just have to stick with it.  The rewards are never ending.

After forty one years, I left the office for the last time today.  I am officially a man of leisure.  I told someone today that by this afternoon, I would no longer be "working for the man".  He reminded me that from then on, I will be "working for the WOman".  Boy, did he get that right.  My honey-do list is growing by leaps and bounds. 

But the good thing is that I am not smoking.  That gives me hope that these enjoyable years may be many instead of few.  At least my chances are better this way.

9 Comments
annb
Oh Wow! Congrats on a wonderful Smoke free retirement Billy!!! What a great present to have given yourself and the Woman!!! 🙂
JonesCarpeDiem

happy retirement.

your options are open to do good for yourself and others. 🙂

Ms.J_11-10-2013

What the Hell!! Retirement- you look like you are 26. Oh well Congratulations on your 292 days and your retirement.  It looks good on you!!

Jackie

linda.mustafa

Congratulations on your retirement sir, joy and happiness for the future 🙂

GreenThumb3

Very cool and congrats on 292 days 

Michwoman

WOW! Billy - so cool! I am totally jealous of the retirement thing!! Thumbs Up!

Chris265

Wow!  Congrats and Congrats.  You don’t look old enough to have worked that long – I am jealous of that too!  But isn’t it nice that you already quit and don’t have to worry about smoking too much in all your free time.  Although with in a week or two I am sure you will wonder when you actually had time to work!  Enjoy!

Strudel

Congrats on 292 days - and on your retirement! Great blog and great to see you! Be sure to come back on day 300 to celebrate! 

marilyn_marmac

Congrats on your retirement and your amazing quit! I'm starting to get really excited about our 1 year anniversary. I'm not on Ex much these days but I will here to kick off my anniversary on July 31 and then to celebrate yours.