cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Newbie in the House (Again)

aprilinarkansas
9 18 231

Imagine my surprise when I tried to create an account, only to be told I had one!  It seems I blocked out last year's disaster of a quit attempt.

BUT!!!!  It isn't a fail if I keep trying. (Right?)

My quit date is set for June 10th and I'm working on all the mindful prep this time.  I'm starting my journaling early instead of waiting for day one.  The pre-quit fear and anxiety are real for me and it feels right to be open about that both to myself and maybe to others coming here for encouragement.

Anywho...June 10th is the day.  I'm working with my state's BeWell program and will be using patches and lozenges.  We decided to go this route because I am a heavy first-thing-in-the-morning smoker and the lozenge will help give the patch time to get into my system.  At the moment, I'm building my reasons for quitting, my mindful box for getting through the hard moments, and my list of celebrations for each milestone.

I apologize for the newbie ramble.  To be honest, I'm embarrassed that I have not been able to get free of this addiction and I'm terrified that I will not be strong enough again.

If it's okay, I would like to come by and get some thoughts out while I'm on this journey.   Or maybe I'll just read and "thumbs up".  You all have such encouraging words!

18 Comments
About the Author
I am here to make this my last quit! And maybe offer some friendship and encouragement to others on this journey.