cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Newbie Smoking 30+ Years W/ Chronic Condition

christibro2
0 9 118

Hi Community, I'm Chris a 45 year old female from Orange County, CA. I was smoking about 2 1/2 packs a day, right now with this site and an electronic cigarette I'm just under a pack and set my date as June 26, 2013. 

I've been married 19 years to my loving husband Jeff who doesn't smoke. I have 1 daughter at home who smokes as does my mother. We are all taking our own paths to trying to quit.

I have Lupus a chronic and sometimes debilitating illness. It has been a nightmare and secret blessing since my youngest daughter was born in 1994 . I have almost lost my life to it a couple times. Perhaps because of that I figured the Lupus will kill me before the cigarettes so even though I know quitting would ease physical pain I just smokes more to cope. I'm always somewhat stressed. But over the last month or so, I've had an epiphany; I NEED TO QUIT! So brings me here to becomeanex.org. I was referred from my best childhood friend and the same girl who I started smoking with in 1980. She smoked as much or more than me so I figured if she could do it here, so can I!

So here I am, ready and willing to quit. I've been able to separate from my cigs a lot in a few days, but I have 24 days to quit:  that is scary.Can I do it, will I feel better? Sure I can but I need support. I need to quit. Here I am my first real attempt to q unit in o Eric. 30 years. 

Newbeies and those who have already quit contact me or I will find you. I'm ready 🙂

9 Comments