cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Newbie~ I quit 3 months ago, and Had a slip-up today :o(

brneyedpisces182
0 13 167

I have smoked for 8 years (I'm 24)  and I have asthma.My husband and I both quit 3 months ago and I have been going through some really tough times without smoking. Since quitting, I have realized the other problems I have always ignored in my life....so then I tell myself "I will be nicer if I smoke". I know that is a terrible lie though. I have never smoked in my house or in the car with my children. I have two children, 22 months old, and 8 months old. My 8 month old has asthma and had bronchitis 3 times since she has been born, but hasnt had a single problem with asthma since my husband and I quit smoking. Lately triggers have been hitting me left and right, and I have resisted..BUT Today I was very upset and triggers came one right after another all morning until i finally gave in a bought a pack...I smoked one and got sick...then an hour later smoked another and could hardly breath...I didnt understand why i smoked them....i had a beautiful moment of clarity after the second one like I will never smoke again this is dumb...but now i am doubting myself again and want to smoke now...please give me some encouragement!!! Thanks!

13 Comments