cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

New to the community need some help today...

mrcursive
1 11 137

Hello all  I am new here.

I am having some difficulty today keeping my mind off of smoking. I haven't had a cirgarette since 5 am September 18. I even went to a wedding this weekend and did not give in. I have been using a 14 mg patch for those first two weeks and everything was alright. Sunday morning after my two week supply of those patches was done I was pretty sick from drinking too much at the wedding so I slept most of the day with no patch. Monday, I tried to go the day without a patch and I don't know if it was needed or not but I gave in and put on a new 7 mg. All day I convinced myself it was not enough and was pretty irratable and aggressive. Tuesday was more of the same except there were tacos which are much better addiction. Today I was feeling weak and put on two 7 mg patches and have felt mostly fine aside from the mental portion of it all. I am all about NOPE and do not want to fail I am just wondering how does everyone else combat thier own thoughts. Like I know I don't want to smoke but I want all of the other negatives to go away. I have been aggressively chewing, possibly eating, tooth picks and have lozenges to aid.

I may have just ranted but just want to put some of my thoughts and feelings out there and take any suggestiosn on how to beat the mental part of quitting. Also I personally struggle with the idea of calling myself a quitting while I am still feeding my nicotine addiction.

11 Comments