Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

New to site

Wingsbluecheese
4 11 163

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this site, I quit smoking on October 26th 2021, it is now November 30th, yeah over a month.  I'm doing well, some cravings now and then and anxiety, but my body is going to need to adjust to quitting.  I joined site for additional support, most of my family is deceased, so it is just myself and my significant other (BF) and he has been cheering me on.  Sometimes I need some advice with anxiety and cravings.  The reason I decided to quit was I got bronchitis so bad that I actually could not smoke, and it then turned into sinusitis.  Here I was 4 days into bronchitis and didn't have a cigarette and my BF said...why don't you just quit, so I took it one day at a time and here I am lol.  I will say this, when Doc put me on Prednisone for the second time when it turned into sinusitis,  WOW!!!  Insomnia and anxiety like never before.  I never experienced that when I smoked with Prednisone but I felt it this time, needless to say I have a deviated septum and I'm sure I have sleep apnea, sleep study is on its way to my home now.  Again, didn't bother me when I smoked basically I used nicotine for a chill pill lol.  However, I know that was stupid of me, and I totally blame myself for all the years I smoked, yep I'm going through a tough time but....I will survive this and stay nicotine free!  If you have read this, congrats on staying with me, bless your heart.

God Bless,

Wingsbluecheese

11 Comments
About the Author
I smoked for over 32 years, I am now 52 years old. My quit journey began when I got a bad case of bronchitis. I wasn't even thinking on quitting at all, but I couldn't smoke, the bronchitis was bad, and before I even knew it, I hadn't had a cigarette in 4 days. My BF said, look, now is the time to quit, you are already 4 days into it, keep going, so I gave this some thought and said to myself let's do this. My quit date was October 26th, 2021. I also had a scare before I got bronchitis that I was in stage 3 kidney failure, well lots of blood taken and removal of NSAIDS (motrin, excedrin headache) and Celebrex for arthritis my kidneys are back to normal. It scared me, I didn't want to be on dialysis and I thought to myself if I can't stand the idea of being on dialysis what in the world am I doing smoking that causes cancer, COPD, emphysema etc....have I lost my mind?? I'm not saying quitting is easy by any means, probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do besides bury my family members. I take it one day at a time. I seek help through friends, family and this website which I have found some of the most amazing, caring and compassionate individuals who understand what I'm going through. God Bless, Inesa...wingsbluecheese