cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

New Year, New Travelers

OldBones-Larry
7 5 119

A new year has begun and with it some new travelers on this journey to rid themselves of the poisons of sickorettes.

You have taken the first of many steps to be free of slavery to Ol' Nic.

You have begun a journey that is so rewarding if you complete it.

You will meet difficulties along the way, but, you must persevere and push through them.

Nic wants you to fail. Show him that you can escape his grip.

Be wary of his traps and the attacks of his helpers. They will do anything to entrap you in their net of lies once more.

There are many to help and encourage you along the way.

Out here in the desert of NML I await you.

Visit all the oasis as you come to them. Rest and recover from the journey to that point. Resupply from the cairns that have been placed there.

Follow the trail that has been worn into the ground by those that have gone before.

When you see my tent, stop and enjoy the feast that has been prepared.

Roasted meats, herbs, breads, and wines await you.

Drink of the wine sparingly though. You must keep your wits about you to resist Nic and his group.

I await your visit.

Larry - Free and Healing for Eight Years, Two Months, Twelve Days, 11 Hours and 4 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 416 Days, by avoiding the use of 119818 nicotine delivery devices.

Larry the Caravan Master

Tags (1)
5 Comments
About the Author
I am a male that underwent coronary artery bypass X3 (triple) on 10/22/13 at the age of 55. I was living on about 20-30% of one coronary artery and my left heart output was only 20% to 25%. I spent a week in the hospital after surgery and went home. Then had to go back a day later for another week because I had pneumonia. Finally a few days because of a slight arythmia. All told it has been about 2 1/2 weeks. I am past the cravings by now and only have the urges to contend with. I really don't suggest that anyone quits smoking using this technique though. I'll have to carry the scars from that day for the rest of my life. The large one down the center of my chest, and the ones from several "silent" infarctions. I came that close to the next world. Never again will I subject my body to that (at one point in my life I was smoking 5 packs of cigarillos a day). I now have to say N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) every day of my life. TheOldGoat-Joan, I miss you terribly my friend. Elder Lists Guilia's: (/blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016 ) or Smorgy's (Chronological Elder List)