cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

New Member to this site as of January 30, 2012

exsmoker12-2
0 5 26

I feel like I had a good visit at the doctor's office. I was letting her know that I want to start eating healthy, start a diet, lose weight and live healthier (in a medical sense). I got weighed in and it was 217 lbs.Then I went to see the health educator about what changes need to be done so I can start eating healthier. He let me know that I could join the YMCA at a discount rate and start exercising for about $ 13/month. I feel excited about the near future. The main reason why I want these life changes is because I am pre- diabetic. This scares the shit out of me. I don't want to incure major health issues that are caused ny smoking. I currently have been diagnoised with COPD and that too is why I want to quit for good.

Also, I have not been completely honest with myself about smoking cigarettes. I asked my doctor about quitting smoking. She wanted me to speak to the health educator about it. In turn my health educator gave me some literature about smoking. I went home and read it and registered here. I have officially set my quit date as of February 14, 2012.  My last cigarette was at 11:00am on January 30,2012. Now looking at the time all this happened yesterday so I am 13 hours on being smoke free. This is a program so I am working up to my quit date. On my quit date NO MORE CIGARETTES.

I know its a hard battle because I had quit in the past for six months. I currently live in Seattle, Wa and the reason why I started was because of the stressors with the move. If you are reading this I ask you for advise on how how have delt with this. Any responses will be appreciative.

5 Comments