cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

New Day

isontwelve
0 6 16

Well I have managed to put cigarettes out early without smoking them all. My pace has slowed down some. My patches should be coming in the mail today that I received from joing on here. Need to read material about smoking while on patches or if not to. Once I start the patches I do not want to smoke anymore but is that right between now and my quit date?

6 Comments
SarahP

Do not smoke and use patches at the same time; if you are going to use patches you should start them on your quit date. 

Good job putting them out early; please also try waiting to light one. This will start to teach your brain that you do not have to smoke every time you think about it. Start separating from it. You can do this! 

Storm.3.1.14

Do not smoke while on the patch. That's way too much nicotine at once. Not a good idea. (And it's not recommended, by the way, that you cut the patches, either, in an effort to alter the dose.)

Which means you have 2 options:

1. Continue to slow down your pace (as you mentioned) and start practicing skipping certain critical smokes, such as first-cup-of-morning-coffee smoke, after-lunch smoke, and after-dinner smoke. Hold off on the patches while you are still "in training".

2. Quit smoking completely the day after the patches arrive.

Both could be totally doable, depending on how you REALLY feel about your preparations at this point. Only you know that, but we'll support you from whichever angle we need to in order to assist with YOUR quit.

Keep us posted!

STORM (Day 56)

elvan

Absolutely NO SMOKING when you are on the patch, it is extremely dangerous.  The patch is supposed to diminish the cravings...let it do its job.  

When you are ready to quit, start using the patches, not before.  In the meantime, get yourself ready, lots of reading, lots of preparation for how you will handle triggers...believe me, you will be really glad for every minute you spend preparing.

Welcome.

isontwelve

Well I got the pathecs a few minutes ago from UPS. I went on and put one on. I guess this changes my quit date. I will not smoke while using them. Hope this goes smooth since I got to it a little early.

Strudel

Congrats on your quit! Looks like you have done it!! Great! So - no smoking now that you are on the patch. If you haven't already - be sure to check out the free course at - http://quitsmokingonline.com/ and Carr's "Easy Way to Stop Smoking" -http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

Stay close - congrats again! 

Storm.3.1.14

Congratulations!  Your quit date is now April 25th! (Seriously, it's yours - right here, right now - for the taking.)