cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Need advice...

ksylr
0 9 11

I am doing well with smoking, I have my head on well enough to know that I need to care about myself rather than destroy my health. But next weekend is Christmas weekend and with everything that I have been going thru with this seperation I haven't felt like decorating for Christmas, but the closer it gets it makes me sad not having a tree or anything up. So either way I can't win... Will I be happier if I put a tree up? But enough of me not being happy, I know I am blessed with a roof over my head, clothes on my back, and most of the time food in my belly. Some families right now don't have that so my heart and prayers go out to these families! I wish there was more I could do... I'll find something I can do to help these people. I love you all and hope you guys have a great weekend! ❤️

9 Comments
smokeless17

Maybe it would bring u to a happier place if u put a tree up,I have been having a rough yr to and I told people that I am not celebrating christmas this yr but I did break down and put a little tree up and it made me feel better.

ksylr

OK thanx... I'll try it. I'm just still hurting soo bad right now. Some days I feel fine and others I hurt alot worse.

family-first

Trust me...put the tree up! 🙂

Ex_Nancy

Put a little tree up and maybe decorate it a totally different style...I'll bring you a photo from Better Homes and Garden...hold on...

Ex_Nancy

Try something creative and new...img alt="" src="" />

ksylr

Thanx Nancy... that is very beautiful... I will. Thank you all

ajalder20t

i think it would be good for you to put some kind of decorations up, be it for yourself, or from the sounds of you, you might do good and help someone else out with putting up decorations for them. .....

here's an idea......

my local doller store has these tiny little table top chrimmy trees with like four lights on them for i think three dollars.....

and then, in general dollar stores have tons of cheap chrimmy decorations and maybe a (fairly) cheap fake tree (or maybe you are one of those that wants a real tree....)

what i am suggesting is you find a buddy of yours, or maybe a stranger, who needs a tree, go decorate a tree with them, enjoy yourself, and buy yourself the little table top tree. have the table top tree at your place as a reminder that you did something good for someone else, and something good for yourself. You helped someone else have a better christmas and you helped yourself out of one of those potholes in the road of quitting smoking. (unfortunately it is common for people to go through depressive times with not having the smoking satisfying dopamine receptors that we used to feed with nicotine, BUT you CAN make it out of those slumps)

you say you are going through a seperation, and knowing me seeing a fully decorated tree in my place might not be the best of things (FOR ME) in that situation, that is why i was suggesting you get yourself a small token of what you did for someone else, because having a good time and making someone else's christmas better can NEVER be a sad thing.

either way, don't deny yourself small happinesses. ...and big hapinesses, but if it would make you happier to decorate, decorate. (if i was any good at those typing pattern things i would leave you a type/drawn christmas tree in this message    🙂   )

and have a

VERY

MERRY

CHRISTMAS

ksylr

Thank you soo much ajalder20t... I will definitely do that I enjoy helping other ppl.

misty_dawn

And helping others with friends makes it all the more better!  I'm so proud of you!  

I'm not much in the holiday mood myself, but needed to do it for my daughter.  Making it a group activity with people I care about made it so much better.

We listened to a new kind of music I've never heard before, totally un-holiday like.  It fit somehow. 🙂