cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Need a little hope/who else here has tried countless times to quit and never made it past day 3?!

emmacarn1
0 9 13

Hi. I'm a 20-year old mother of a beautiful 8-month old boy.

Yes. I smoked all through my pregnancy with him. I'd like to say that I cut down but that's only partially true. I had plenty of days that I smoked heavily because of whatever stress justified it... he came out wonderfully perfect, but that didn't stop the guilt I faced.

Now I am pregnant with my 2nd child and not willing to go through the nausea, gult, paranoia, and horrible feelings of it- this addiction- all over again. Since I found out 2 weeks ago, I have been on/off smoking- one day I smoke heavily, the next I abstain, and the pattern repeats. I have tried to quit countless times since I was 18, and only once I made it to a week, but for most of my thousands of quitting attempts, I only make it to day 3.

Now here I am, nicotine patch on and back to day 1 of quitting, xept I smoked a couple this morning before throwing the pack out... and I'm thinking, what makes this try different than all the rest? Has anyone else had a similar experience and actually made it through to a successful quit? I get so discouraged thinking of all my failed attempts...

9 Comments