cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Name Calling & Quitting:

kate8
0 17 216
Don't go well together at all. My husband was angry with me and called me a fat a#*. He's never done that and he knows I'm hatin' my weight since I quit. It made me want to smoke soooooooooo bad!! He didn't say he was sorry, but did say we say things we don't mean to when we're angry. It hurt me! My 1st smoke free argument. I'm trying to keep it )8
17 Comments
Strudel

That's for sure about the name calling.....I am so sorry that happened! However - don't let it hurt your quit!! Can you go take a walk?

Take care!

Bonnie11.3.2009

He made a big mistake, but you will show him....you're gonna keep this quit no matter what he says and regrets saying!  Do what you have to right now, walking is an excellent way to channel what you're feeling and making it powerful for you!  You've done sooo well, Kate, don't let anyone push your quit smoking button, not even hubby!

doggie-dad

I like that take a walk advice... One of the insidious glitches of my quit was a serious up-swing in my weight. I had lost 125 pounds and was loving my 30" waist line when I quit. It hasn't been easy dealing with it but, my internal rationale is "I quit smoking... I can lose the weight".

It's true. I put on close to 40 lbs. I've dropped 10 of those and am trending in the right direction. So what if I had to go buy new 34" jeans.... they don't stink of cigarettes. Yea, I got a fat ass but, I'm walking it off and it's easier now that my lungs are smoke free. 😉

Don't LOOK for an excuse to fire up a smoke. You'll find one. They're every where you look.

IrishRose

Ohhhhhhh, those are fighting words, those are.  You need to smoke his ass, rather than think about smoking a cigarette, Kate!!!   Maybe, he was just picking at you.  You know how men are.  In any event, just ignore.  You are a Lady, you smell so very pretty, and if he comes out with a statement like that again, go for the throat, or warn him that you are going for the throat.  LOL LOL LOL

bella65

yes i agree.you are doing good in your quit i wouldnt let him get to you

jeannie2

glad you remain strong..........you can always loose weight..... quitting cigs.........thats great.....good for you....tell him to go buy you a pizza and laugh at him

neen

Kate, it will be ok. I know things people say hurt some times...but sometimes it is just better to let it go and forget it.  It for sure is not worth smoking over.  I like Jeannie's idea...get the pizza - a family size one....and laugh at him!

empathy

How big is his a**  ?  Even if it is small it sounds like his ego is much too big. You take care of you. Someday and the day comes for each of us in some way, he will have to show his strength in hard times. You may out shine him in strength on the inside where it counts. It sounds like you already do. SORRY NOT TRYING TO BE MEEN TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE... REALLY!!! Just like men tobe honorable people. Your husband probably is & had a bad day. Right.?   Hope this is supportive. Sorry if it came out badly. I am trying to show caring & support!  Tammy

kate8
I would have run straight to the store before for smokes, this time I didn't. Thats another trigger that bit the dust. I went for KFC instead. I WILL lose this weight. I can quit smoking so I can do anything!! Thank you guys. I am grounded now!
IrishRose

You can always lose the weight, but you can't come back from life if you die.  Tell your husband to go think about that one for awhile, then give him a kiss, and let him know he is skating on very thin ice if he decides to go out onto that frozen pond again.  Good night, Lady!  : ) 

quitter39

My hubby commented on that one time...and that was the only time!  He got his head chewed off, if he wants a skinny wife, I will just start smoking again.  No more has been said about the pounds I have gained. 

patrick-marsh

hey kate dont let it take your quit from you worked hard to get here!! just forget it!!and keep on keeping on!! you will lose it some day right now just keep on your quit!!

stay strong my friend!!

patrick-marsh

BY THE WAY IM A DUNLAP BRO NOW DUNLAPED OVER THE BELT BUCKLE!!!!!!!LOLABOUT 35 POUNDS OVER!1

Denise28

Congratulations and keep the quit!!!  I gained about 30 lbs. and have not been able to lose anything more than a lb or two and it's been almost a year and a half for me. It is really upsetting since I have ALL my life I WAS skinny.

sandi8

Hi Kate, I am sure you still have that wonderful quit going, no mater what anyone says YOU have the power. I know YOU can do anything so keep going....

Bee_Jay

I have been a big pain in the a&& toward my poor husband for the past 55 days. No matter what he has to say it sends me over the edge. I kind of think I'm looking for a reason to get mad  and smoke. Kate, I to have to get back to some kind of diet. You made me laugh when you said instead of buying cigarettes you went to KFC! If your husband continues to bug you just tell him : remember YOU have to sleep sometime! PS. Meet me at KFC or DQ!  We can do this!

kate8
Yes!!! I could use a banana split, yuuumy. For the whole day he would ask me something, I'd say "No can do, I'm a fat a@#". Finally he giggled and said he would Never say that again! Your so right! We Can Do This!