cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

NML - Every day is a new trigger day

tango77
8 8 242

Wow.  Going into day 59 nicotine free and am astonished at the triggers.

Took my first mini-vacation as a "reward" last week only to find one "new" trigger after another.  Thank goodness for the practice of the last two months, this site, and an amazingly patient partner to get me to that "safe harbor."

Coming up my to my b-day today (never a good time of the year) produced another set of challenges.
And the weight gain doesn't help at the moment, either.  I hate buying pants, and I haven't bought any work pants in 20 years (I'm all about the classics)...I really wanted to retire with my current wardrobe 😃   

I'd love to fast forward to experience EVERY situation in my life that could trigger me - just to get it over with - and to get to the "ex-smoker" designation.  But since that is not possible, I'll go with: NOPE for now.  

I've got this - I know I do.  This is all just a great reminder that nothing is to be taken for granted, and all the practice in the beginning weeks was TOTALLY necessary to get through the next months. 

My gratitude continues to go out to the all of the awesome people on this site.  
In particular @ronibeach  and @trish4801 these last few days - your posts made me feel like I'm not alone this week.  Thanks!   And - WE'VE GOT THIS!

8 Comments