cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My thoughts...

ninepatch
0 19 53

I tell the people in my life that I have 200 days quit.  Smokers shy away but you can tell they want to ask questions, ex smokers give you the big high five and non smokers say things like “You still counting the days??”   Non smokers will never know the daily positive self talk, encouragement, commitment that goes into quitting smoking.  You don’t do it on a whim.  You have to research information about nicotine addiction, you have to accept that you are addicted.  You have to really want to quit.  You have to  make a plan and stick to it no matter what.  Eventually the days add up into weeks, then months.  Your confidence builds, but you must stay vigilant.  Recommit daily, it helps.  Every battle won against this addiction will make you stronger in your quit.  We are fighting for our lives and I for one am winning.  FREEDOM!!!  People  YES WE CAN!

19 Comments
jim_ohio

ninepatch,  that is exactly how i feel.....your reading was a great reading for my start today.....thanks good luck to you on ur recovery   jim ohio

Jenny78

Congratulations on 200!!  That is truly a great achievement.  And you are right.  We are fighting for our lives.  One day at a time.

SmokedOut041412

Amen to that! Well put... ♥

SmokedOut041412

AND---Big Congratulations on the 200!!!

nikki77

so true. congratulations!!!!    you are an inspiration!!!

cderrick13

Congrats on 200. If there were a "like" button, I would click it 🙂

jojo_2-24-11

Hi Ninepatch and congrats on 200 days! I couldn't agree more.

cyn9

Yup! Congrats on 200! 

Patty-cake

Congratulations on 200 days of FREEDOM!!!!! That's what you get when you recommit!

Way To Go!!

I feel your commitment.

cloud51

thank you well stated, and congradulations on 200 days!

freedom-38

beautiful post. Congrats on 200 days!!!

Darksheila0622

Congrats on 200 days.  I agree with you post slightly.  I guess it really depends on who you are telling how you are doing in your quit.  I have both smokers, ex smokers adn non smokers giving me postive motivation when I tell them.  I guess telling someone and how they repond to it really tells you how much they are supporting you or not supporting you. 

Mike.n.Atlanta

Amen Brother & congrats on your 200 day milestone. That's huge.

KOKO,

M n @

karen-lane

200, just wonderful, and ur right, those who have never been addicted don't understand, i didn't understand until i quit, good luck and stay strong, 169 days for me.

Leeza

Well stated and congratulations on reaching your 200 day milestone.

Brian100

200 - fantastic - I am looking forward to my 200 in 184 days - but who's counting? (WE ARE!).  The more distance I can track between me and my last cigarrete reminds me how far we have come.  Great work!  Here's to freedom.

mary242

Good job!!!!!Thanks for the most encouraging post! I cant wait til I can say 200... right now Im at 31... but Im getting there!! Thanks for the help!!Stay strong and take care...Mary

Danno_11-10-12

Congrats on 200 days Ninepatch!!!

mygirls-6-5-17

Congratulations! All of us here want to give you a huge high-five on 200 days. I like what you said about recommitting everyday. Everyday I need to be on my toes and know that I could fall at any time.