cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My son, my number one supporter

MelodyEve
3 6 97

I am very close to my son and we talk about everything under the sun and moon. He is not a smoker and has always tried to get me to quit, even when he was little. He knows I've tried so many times to smoke and it bothered him that I would try it with an NRT. "You don't need a patch, its just replacing the nicotine with another form of nicotine"........."You need to do it cold turkey because smoking is a choice"..........WELL, under the circumstances I don't get to see him as often as I would love to and that's another matter BUT he came by yesterday and we were talking about me not smoking and using my patch. "Mom I think you might need to use a form of NRT, to at least get you off the cigarettes. It would be easier to come of the NRT if you are using them as a way to break the CIGARETTE habit"............This is where I looked like I was hearing a third person somewhere LOL......Because he was taking the words right out of my mouth......."Junior, you're right.....I don't want the nicotine at all. Its a toxin. Getting away from the 7000 toxins in cigarettes is my first goal. I will then be able to ween down from the patches because I'm not looking to replace the cigarettes, I am looking to break the physical habit and the mental addiction. I have to unlearn so many things".......Felt so good to have him on the same page with me because I didn't want to tell him that I was "trying to quit" again.  So much positive yesterday and I'm going into my 2nd day of quit now.

6 Comments
About the Author
I am 52 years and live in Maine. Originally from NC but love the New England area.