cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My quit date is TOMORROW

mzwanda1122
0 8 34

Hi. My quit journey begins tomorrow and I'm super nervous. I've made several attempts to quit and was unsucessful. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated 🙂

8 Comments
Polynha

I am glad you found us! Educate yourself about this adiction is the most important part on your quit, soon someone will come and give you the lisks for the book and other important informations. You can go to the website whyquit.com and learn a lot there. Know what expect and be prepared for it. Looking forward to se you here! 

Polynha

Here is the link for Allan Car's book.. I never read it but a lot of people recomends it. 

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

YoungAtHeart

Welcome!

I am that someone with the links!  Since your quit date is tomorrow, you might use the following reading materials as your crave busters in the early days!

Are you using a quit aid?  Letting us know that will help us help you.

Did you know that the anxiety you felt when you quit smoking in the past  was caused by the nicotine receptors in your brain demanding to be fed?  You are a nicotine ADDICT and there ARE withdrawal symptoms.  The most important thing you can do  is to educate yourself on what nicotine does to your mind and body. To that end, I highly recommend Allen Carr's “The Easy Way to Stop Smoking.” This is an easy and entertaining read. Here is a link to a free PDF version of it:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf

As well, read the sections on this site, and read the blogs, responses and pages of folks you think might be helpful. You might also want to visit quitsmokingonline.com, and whyquit.com.

The idea is to distract yourself through any craves.  You can take slow, deep breaths, go for a walk, play a computer game, do a crossword, bite into a lemon (yup, rind and all).   Here is a link to a list of 100 things to do instead of smoke if you need fresh ideas:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

The conversation in your head CANNOT be:  "I want a cigarette.  No!  But - I WANT a cigarette.  NO!"  Instead, it needs to be "I want a cigarette.  Well, since I have decided not to do that anymore, what shall I do instead for the three minutes this crave will last?"  Then DO it!

Stay close to us here and ask questions as you have them and for support when you need it. We will be with you every step of the way!

Nancy

joyeuxencore

Welcome and how exciting to have made this life changing decision! We were all nervous but re-learning life without cigarettes is a wonderful adventure!

This free on-line course taught me how to 'embrace' the challenging moments and actually feel empowered by them...

www.quitsmokingonline.com

Helpful in the first few days:

http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_03_21_blood_sugar.html

http://ffn.yuku.com/topic/22890/Possible-Change-in-Caffeine-Tolerances-After-Cessation

lpears

Welcome to the group!!! 

That's great that you set a quit date! Don't be discouraged that you have quit before and it didn't work out. Those were just dress rehearsals for this quit. This is your forever quit 🙂 

The biggest thing that help me was this site. When I had a craving, I would hop on here and blog or comment on others blogs. By the time I was done, the craving had passed. I also used the site to suppliment ten minute pockets that I needed to fill for the first few weeks I was a non smoker. My after meal sign on, my coffee companion sign on and even my glass of wine sign on. If you even feel like you need to recharge your strength, we will help you. 

I also realized how much the addiction controlled me. I constantly thought about smoking unless I was smoking. I never enjoyed an activity unless I was smoking. I could never do anything longer than two hours because I was convinced I would die without a cigarette. All of these will vanish. They will be replaced with freedom's 🙂

Lean on us to help you. One of the hardest parts is setting a date and following through. You can do it!!! Congratulations on your first day as a non smoker tomorrow! 

Keep us posted how you are doing!

Magstoyou

Welcome to the site, you will find a lot of caring people on here!!

Drink lots of water and or juice!!! Stay close to the site and blog how you are doing. Don't be afraid to ask questions!!! Get as much rest as you can and take care of you self!!

Best wishes for a great quit!!!

Mag 222days

JonesCarpeDiem

have you made yourself willing to quit?

willing to learn who you are and what's really going on when you aren't influenced by smoking?

Willing to not buy, bum or steal a cigarette? Not drink alcohol to where you succumb to smoking?

Are you willing to put quit first and not risk it first?

put on your seat belt.

it takes about a month plus a hundred days to unlearn it to the first plateau.

please click on hoggie the cat and go read the top of my page

almondflour

Tomorrow is going to be the first day of the rest of your life! I bet it's scary and exciting at the same time. 

Focus on the positives, try to be around people that you can trust as much as possible and limit your alone time.  

Throw away everything related to smoking.

With a strong will, you can do this! Congratulations on deciding to start the journey.