cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My little savings notebook says...

ReallyReal
6 12 267

Good morning my dear fellow Exers.  I have posted quite a lot of blogs about celebrating milestones because there are new milestones reached all the time when we kick tobacco/nicotine to the curb.  Today the milestone I am celebrating is that I have just surpassed $2000.00 saved by not smoking!!  I keep a little notebook and do the math every few days to see how much I've saved.  This is a great motivator for me.  Being on a tight budget, I realize now I simply can't afford to smoke--not to mention the fact that smoking was killing me!!  If the financial cost of smoking is important to your quit, you might use your savings as a tool to help you maintain your quit--I know my little notebook of cessation-savings has helped me stay smober when I've felt that "maybe just one" might be ok.  There is no such thing as "just one" for me and I'd be back to a pack and a half a day in no time and all that money going up in smoke.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day.  Quitting smoking was pretty rough in the early days but it was doable as I used my tools to separate myself from that killer; and I am so very grateful that I've maintained my quit one day at a time!!  Thank you to everyone here at Ex for all you do to share your stories of recovery, strength and hope with all who come here.  Blessings to each of you on this journey to Freedom.

12 Comments
About the Author
I am 59 years old and love my four dogs and two cats, all strays I couldn't turn away. I love to be outside in my yard, watching the birds or puttering around in the dirt. I am so grateful that I let go of those inner voices that kept telling me, It is too late to quit smoking, or, Why quit now? I am so looking forward to being smoke-free.