Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My goodness!_what a welcome! ;o)

racheal
0 8 18

Hello, Louise_Maggie, Strudal, FLORIDAJT and ALL ~

Thank you all so much for your wram welcome and advice and suggestions to help me navigate through what may very well be one of the most important times of my life. I had no idea my posting would have such a response. In fact wasn't sure this was the right place to start my journey, but boy was I wrong. I can now say, without hesitation THIS IS THE PLACE TO START>

I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, about 20 mins north of Seattle. I was born and grew up in Berkeley, California. I have lived here in WA state since, 1980_and in Everett since 2003. I have smoked since I was 30, and this is my 1st_ real effort to quit. I set my mother's birthday__29 June as my quitting day, but in the past 48 hrs have had 2 cigrettes. One I took a puff off yesterday and put out, and finally smoked late morning....and another about an hour ago__then remembered I joined this site and when I went to mail, had a bucket full from you all! Thank you once again, for taking the time to respond to me.

There is a lot of anxiety for me about this, I've used cigrettes so long to soothe myself. Thru long deployments of my ex, the difficulties of trying to have babies [3 miscarriages] the birth and loss of my 1st born, a girl_from domestic violence and the adoption of her son__who was born in '87  and my divorce after 26 yrs of marriage, [we were together 30 years ]...sometimes my lifestory seems to read like a soap opera.

Then there's the work I do. Often, those I work with are in a state of crisis or loss. I grew up in a family that put great value on service to others, and I have always had a "gift" of bringing order to chaos__but not for myself. I know that what lies ahead is going to take great effort and I'm ready for the battle i keep using positve words, [ i like to think] knowing how they can help_but am a realist, with my feet firmly planted on the ground. THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD. Once, __again...a big THANK YOU ~. I'm looking forward to reading everything I can, and staying on target. Will keep you all posted as I make this journey.

Sincerely,

Racheal^

8 Comments