cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My first two weeks

tylermagnuson96
6 5 336

First off, I just want to take this time to thank my amazing wife who has had my back ever since I said that I wanted to quit. I started smoking back in 2017 when I first joined the Army and I've regretted it ever since then. I switched from smoking to vaping in 2018 just because I thought it would be safer and that it would eventually help me quit. Well four years later I was still hooked to it! I've been so tired of it controlling my life. Also my wife just gave birth to our beautiful twins, Kaiden (boy) and Kinsley (girl). We also have three more. Sophia our oldest is 7, Tatum who is second oldest is 4, and our middle child Asher is 2. As soon as the twins were born I knew our life was going to change dramatically. And it gave me anxiety I won't lie. But when I puffed on my vape it just made the anxiety 10 times worse. Well I had had enough of it. As soon as we got home on the 25th (january) I was still puffing on my vape and it was still fuelling my anxiety. It wasn't until the 28th that I finally said enough. I took my vape, went outside to my backyard, and I chucked it. I felt pretty good after that up until I started to notice the withdrawal symptoms. The first few days were probably the worst. But since then it's been ever so slowly getting better. I still have high anxiety and the lack of sleep from the twins no doubt probably isn't helping. But I'm pretty sure it's my body still feeling the cravings and withdrawal symptoms. I just hope that it goes away. I'm tired of having this overwhelming feeling all the time. Like if I don't get a puff of nicotine I just might die.. but the other day I decided to start doing something that I haven't done in years. I went for a run! And let me tell you it was the most amazing feeling ever! I started using this app called C25K. A lot of people call it couch to 5k. But I started my first work out and put my headphones in and I've never felt more free in my entire life! If I could give anyone who has quit smoking or vaping a piece of advice, start a workout regiment. I promise it will help. It's helped me so much and I've only done one workout so far. Tomorrow is going to be my second and I'm so excited for it. And get out of the house! Go get some fresh air! Today my wife and I are going to take all five of our kids to the playground so we can all get out of the house and get some vitamin D. I'm really proud of myself for quitting and I'm hoping that I can help some other people who are quitting as well. Thank you to all of my family who have supported me through this. This is my first of many journals on my quitting journey. 

5 Comments