Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My first smoke to my first week not smoking

Carsonrose31
9 10 305

Hello all, 

This is my first quit that has lasted this long. My one and only previous was a year or so ago for about 4 days. I am using the patch but started with step 2 cause 3 was too nauseating. The first few days were rough mainly with getting over the oral fixation.

I'm 26 and started smoking cigarettes at 14. And not subtly I may add. Wasn’t a casual thing for me. I stole a few packs of my dads smokes and smoked until I was addicted. I am an all or nothing person. I’m sure many of you can relate to that mindset. 

I started using ecigs about 4 years ago and have bounced between ecigs and cigarettes. More so ecigs in the past year. I switched for the obvious reason. You can use them anytime pretty much anywhere without even being detected. This of course increased my use and increased the level of nicotine I consumed. I went to bed with my ecig in my hand and would puff on it before I’d hit the snooze button in the morning. I couldn’t walk into a room without holding it. 

My usage of it got to the point I was having severe chest pains and frequent heart palpitations. But I still didn’t stop. I didn’t stop until I almost gave myself nicotine poisoning. And I still kept at it for a couple more days until I I bit the bullet and bought patches and trashed my ecig. 

Today marks 1 week since I took my last puff and today in particular has been the hardest for some reason. 

10 Comments