cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My first day...!

blueinchains
0 9 6

Today was my first day of work in nearly 4 years!  I'm exhausted but feeling sooooooo amazing!  The best part? My supervisor asked if I smoked because he was going to tell me the smoking policy and where to go.  I PROUDLY belted out that I DO NOT smoke.  He actually asked me if  I was sure I didn't smoke!!!  It's such a rare thing for someone to not smoke in a big warehouse factory type setting but I stuck to it and said nope I wouldn't need the smoking area!

I am not all proud though.  =-/  a few days ago I had such a strong urge for a cigarette that I just sat contemplating on getting a pack.  But I kept telling myself do I want to start all over?  Do I want my husband, after 3 weeks of staying quit, to see and be influenced by my weakness?  It wasn't worth it, and I didn't get that pack.  Now I'm at 70 days smoke free and cannot be more proud of myself and my husband!

9 Comments
trish75

I am so proud of you, too! A huge congratulations to both of you!

Michwoman

AWESOME!!! You're right - that spouse having quit is an added motivator. My guy is on day 8 and I am on day 65 and I now feel like you - I wouldn't want to influence him going back to it by caving in myself.

It does feel great to answer "NO" to the dreaded smoking question doesn't it? It's just one of the great things that happens for us!

lois2

I am soooooooooooooo proud of you, stay strong

Nyima_1.6.13

Proud, proud, proud of you! And the hubby!

Brian100

Kimshine

You be proud!! You didn't buy cigarettes!! Hey, Congrats on the new job and Congrats to the hubby!!

joyeuxencore

WHOO HOO Blue!!! Congrats on 7o days...for the job and on staying strong for yourself and your husband! xo

lindan_7-14-10

keep on journeying♥

blueinchains

Thanks everyone! 😃