cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My first day as a non-smoker

marla_10.12.15
0 13 23

Well, folks. Today is the day I quit. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Had more free time. Didn't have to interrupt family time to step outside. Actually forgot about it most of the time. There were a few times I thought to myself, "can't wait to finish doing x, so I can... Oh wait. I don't do that anymore." The hardest one was the bedtime one. I enjoy sitting outside and seeing what's going on in the neighborhood. So what did I do? I sat outside and enjoyed the fresh air and how much better I feel and smell. Quick question, though. I used the patch today. It's the 14mg one, and felt a little nauseous most of the day. Is this normal? Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge, thoughts, etc with me. I did it! Day one is in the history books!

13 Comments
Puff-TM-Draggin

WhooHoo!  I've been waiting to hear from you all day!

Way to make me sweat ... and then to come sauntering in and tell me how easy it was.

Good for you gal!

I personally did not feel any nausea during the time I used the patch.  A few times I did notice an itchy/burning sensation on my tongue.  Then I relocated the patch to my arm and everything was fine.  = )~

DAY ONE WON!

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on day one! You can do this! You are doing this! See you tomorrow!

Terrie  98  DOF

JACKIE1-25-15
JACKIE1-25-15

Don't know why but i'm imagining Jesus busting a groove to this...

Giulia

Can't speak to the patch as I was a cold turkey gobbler, but wooooooooo hooooooo on your first smoke free day. 

Every day you don't do that any more is a day more free from the pull of it.  Lookin' good.  Chin up and press on!

HealthyOrange

Congratulations, Marla on completing day one!  Way to go!

newlife5

yes nausea is a normal reaction to quitting  its called withdrawl...thats why the patch is a magnificent cxhoice...it helped aleviate some of these types of symptoms making a more successful quit....nt only is nausea a withdrawl symptom but canker sores in your mouth ,muscle spasms in your back, and headaches....i had all these...the patch helped get me through... its important to use the patch as an aid if your experiencing severe withdrawl...

.i smoked for 43 years and my body behaved very violently when i decided enough was enough...

you can quit but take it slowly you didnt become addicted in one day and you sure cant quit in one day...

Deena-A-Yenni

Whelp.  I think you had a lovely 1st day.  Empowered throughout.  Did everything right.  Don't know about the nasua.  Can you look it up on line as a symptom of the patch??  I agree with newlife, I don't know for sure, but all those uncomfortable symptoms are probably your new found quit.  Unless needing to see a Dr. you are to embrace those symptoms as a reminder you are getting all the poisen out of you.  Kudos on day one!!

YoungAtHeart

Day One is Won!

Today is Day Two- good for you!

I hope you will remember two things. 

1) If a crave is really getting to you, get busy.

2) If it ever gets really tough, blog "Help" here and give us a chance to talk you down BEFORE you smoke!

One day at a time.......

Nancy

meWisconsin

Congratulations on day 1 smoke free. Remember, 1 day at a time.

Terry

MarilynH

Congratulations on day one being won, keep your mind as well as your hands occupied today and rock your way through day two Marla ,drink lots of water because it will help clean out your system .

Marilyn 

Junior7

Welcome to day 2!  Have a great day!

paulette-b

Day 2 for me also with patch. Doing o.k. Patch makes me feel a little antsy..may cut it in half tomorrow. paulette