cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My first blog post

mike307
1 13 216

Hi everyone!  After a few false starts I'm set to quit on 11/19.  I don't really know what to write about, so I'll just run some things by you that I am curious about.  I think the biggest reason for my last few quits having stalled is that I didn't pay enough attention to my triggers.  The big one being a friend circle that frequents bars.  This time I'm thinking of avoiding the bars for a period of time, just to get over the hump.  I arbitrarily came up with a period of 30 days, but am not sure if that amount of time is significant (too much/too little?).  I'm actually looking forward to avoiding the bar scene for a period of time, because I feel it will open up other aspects of my life, ie. More time visiting friends in less conventional (for me) environments, going to movies, focusing on various events and activities, more focus on hobbies, etc.  I also bought a luxury item:  A game system.  I always loved gaming, but also viewed it as a way to miss the party; however, I'm going to allow myself to fall into a different vice that won't negatively impact my health..

Anyway, anyone have any advice or can impart their experience regarding avoiding the bar scene trigger, of course any wisdom is appreciated!!!

13 Comments