cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My daughter Sweet Sixteen and my granddaughter's first birthday cakes!

samantha42
0 7 44

This is my Grandaughter's 1 year birthday cakeThis is my daughter's Sweet Sixteen Birthday cake

7 Comments
samantha42

Well...lol...at least I got the pictures to post. The top one is my granddaughter's first brithday cake. The whiskers melted a bit but it is a Hello Kitty cake. That is the first word that she has learned to say "Kitty". This was a plain yellow cake but i knew that my granddaughter would like colors so I made a rainbow cake. It had every color to the rainbow in it.

The second is my youngest daughter's Sweet Sixteen. I wanted to do more to the bottom layer but she didn't want me too. There are a few things that I would have done differently with this cake. It needs a third layer. The bottom layer doesn't need to be so tall and I had forgotten to shave down the bottom layer before I iced it and covered it with fondant. It had been so long since I had done cakes that I made rookie mistakes with it. Never the less...it turned out good and she was happy with it. The bottom was a homemade white chocolate fantasy cake with raspberry icing and the top layers were an african lime cake with a lime buttercream frosting (tasted almost like a margarita hehe!)

They were both fun and everyone enjoyed them!

mikecity

Amazing !!!!!!  My grandmother use to bake like that ! 

Both of them must have been very pleased!

butt-kicker

Adoarble and beautiful, both of them look too good to be eaten 😛 You are very talented!

Don't diminish all your talent and hard work by pointing out small mistakes, we never would have known,,,, They're absolutely amazing!

owlfeather

NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OH NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHERE ARE YOU?????  ARE YOU GETTING THE PICS OF THESE??????????  OMGOSH!!!!!

Talented is an understatement, and I don't say that just cause I like you Samantha... Wow!  Aren't those like..$1000.00 cakes?  

craftylady

THESE ARE SO COOL!

jojo_2-24-11

Thanks Samantha, They look soooooooooooo good!

Patty-cake

Those decorated cakes are amazing. That's lots of talent sitting there in front of us.