Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My Goodbye letter to cigarettes

jimmyk86
0 4 50

Dear Cigarettes,
  Two weeks ago I put you down for the final time. We spent five years together. I think it is time that we go our seperate ways. I thought it would be hard to leave you forever. But two weeks and two days later, I realize it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I enjoy my new life without you in it. My taste is stronger, as is my smell. I can finally stop to smell the roses and actually smell them. I wanted to write a letter just to let you know that I am doing so much better without you in my life.
   I can remember when I was younger I hated you. I didn't want my parents to smoke. They knew I disapproved but you had that hold on them, just like the one you used to have on me. I don't know why I ever thought that you were something for me. I never wanted you. But somehow I started to smoke.
    But I am done with you now. You are out of my life for good. I never want to see you again. I hate you. I hate the way you make me feel. I hate the way you smell. I hate the way you look. And most of all, I hate the way you kill the people that use you. You are killing my dad and I will not let you kill me.
 So for the final time cigarettes, I say to you, "Goodbye forever"
                          James Kidd

Tags (1)
4 Comments