cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Morning of Day 2

oli2
0 5 15

My first morning wthout a cig.  Can anyone recommend a sleep aid?  I was up at 5am!!  LOL  One thing that is good is that I am working all day today, so the distraction will be there.  I Just hope I don't bite someone's head off. 

5 Comments
miriam4

Well a Good morning to you too oli!  A nice bath and some chamomile tea are something to try.  I'm an early riser myself most of the time, so this is my normal, 5am. Keep busy and breathe!  You'll do fine.  glad you're able to laugh, it really helps!

oli2

Thanks Mary.  Took a nice long shower with a vanilla sugar scrub.  Did a mini facial on the face and for the first time in a long time, my hair doesn't smell like smoking. 

Last night I sprayed fabreeze in my car and on my winter coat.  Got rid of the water bottles I was using to put  cigs out in, in the car, outside on the porch etc.  I never smoked in my house, thank goodness! 

aztec

Hi Mary, I had a counselor tell me to mix a half glass of orange jucie with a half glass of milk and drink it fast. Then it will help you go to sleep , I've also been told that calcium will help.

Hope this helps, my mo the the orange juice/mil combo and she swears by it.

Good luck

mare5

A natural sleep aid is valarian root. Sominex is good if you can't fall asleep due to your mind racing. I've found that if i do take anything, it has to be around dinner time, otherwise I'm way too groggy in the am

shytowngrrrl

Yes, valerian is a great natural sleep aid, as well as melatonin : )