cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

More Rambling - Day 11 or 12, depending on how you look at it. (again)

molzep
0 3 11

I just type a really long post and it didn't show up, wonder if it will later.

I feel very different this quit.  Thanksgiving day I was worried that I'd have a craving that I wouldn't feel like fighting.  Then I found my inspirational song.  I don't know if it was the song itself, or the fact that I could sing it really loud without coughing.  anyway, after that I haven't had any true cravings.  The thought of smoking frequently runs through my head, but I can dismiss it by reminding myself that I don't smoke, and that one was never enough, so why bother.

I'm pretty sure the patch is helping me, but one of the reasons I like it is that my brain is being untrained.  The patch delivers nicotine without me taking action, so hopefuly as I step down, it will not increase any cravings - since my subconsious will no longer truly associate nicotine withdrawal with smoking.  Not trying to convince anyone that this is the way to go, just why I think it's working for me.  My previous 12 day quit was cold turkey, and to be honest I don't remember it being much more difficult physically than this one.  This time I'm just more committed and ready.

I keep running into triggers, dropped my son off at a friends house,     time for a smoke,  finish cooking dinner, time     for a smoke  , finish eating dinner,     time for a smoke  , get a phone call,     time for a smoke  .  These have only been thoughts though, not cravings!  Earlier today, I had some frustrating moments at work, and I didn't even have the thoughts.  Holy cow!!!

I've also realized that the way my life has been and previous attempts have helped me tremendously.  I haven't smoked in my house in over 10 years.  That has reduced my triggers, and makes this a great time of year to quit.  I don't have to go outside whenever the nicodemon calls me.  I can still go outside any time I want, but I DON"T HAVE TO :).  Previous attempts and failures have thouroughly taught me that one is not enough.  That is really drilled into my head.

Done rambling for now!

Molly - Free and Healing for Eleven Days, 8 Hours and 38 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 18 Hours, by avoiding the use of 227 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $90.92.

3 Comments