cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

More Letters!

Brenda_M
0 12 19

Well, that didn't take long! I am ROCKING this letter thing again. I need more addresses for people who want to get some real (fun) mail!

It's only been two weeks since my last blog, but let me explain, anyway:

I started buying stickers instead of cigarettes when I first quit, but I didn't know what to do with all these stickers, so I started writing letters and covering them with my adhesive bounty.

I committed to writing one letter a day for about 10 months. My dog died in July, and after that, I stopped caring about most everything, including my letter-writing commitment. By the time I was ready to commit again, it wasn't to letter writing. I need to take off my quitting weight, my moving weight, my grieving weight, my pizza weight, my hate-my-job weight and my teaching weight, so I only write letters now when I've met my fitness goals for the day (which I'm doing everyday--hooray!!!).

But the point is, if you send me your mailing address, I'll send you a letter. If the idea of sending your address to a half-stranger from the Internet freaks you out a little, I have several people on the site who will vouch for the fact that I am neither a peeping Tom nor a serial killer, nor do I sell Amway or Avon. These include such notables as Sky Girl, Michwoman, Pir8fan, Youngatheart, Strudel, Joyeux, and Nanawendy. Those are just a sample, so please don't be offended if I didn't list you!!!

Anyway, if you want one, send me your address. And if you answered the last cry for help but didn't receive anything yet, let me know, because I think I sent one off to everyone. I'll send nice letters to ANYONE...doesn't matter if you are lurking, here all the time, Elder, Newbie, smoker, non-smoker, have been here a day or a thousand days...or more! So what are you waiting for?! PM me now!

12 Comments
jojo_2-24-11

I'll pm you, Brenda.

elvan

I am offended...I was not mentioned.  I can vouch for her, I received my sticker laden letter not long after I sent my address.  It really was rather delightful to receive a letter from someone not asking for money. 🙂

annb
This is sooo nice and what a great idea to do to keep busy, reward yourself and cheer up other people. 🙂
nanawendy

She is an awesome pen pal !!

pir8fan

It does feel great to find a handwritten letter in the mailbox! When was the last time that happened? I think my mailman has a newfound respect for me! Thank you Brenda for being my friend!

It is still on my desk! And, one day I will answer it! ***insert guilty look here***

Ms.J_11-10-2013

I also got my letter.. Thank you Brenda it was delightful and I am writing back....

Jackie

OxfordComa

That's so awesome!!! 

Polynha

I loved the letter you sent me, can you send another one? If you do not have my address anymore let me know and I'll send you again.

Brenda_M

Polynha, write me back, girl!

indnprincess

I got one! Awesomeness

elims-09-14-13

Yay for real mail! Kind of a thing of the past like looking someone in the eye when you speak to them, and actually listening to the answer when you ask someone how they are!

🙂

linda.mustafa
What a great idea 🙂