cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Month 4

Athena8
0 14 320

What is it with month 4 that has me beating my head against the wall wanting a cigarette?  Month 1 was hard... don't get me wrong.  Months 2 and 3 go by and I find myself getting stronger...finding faith that I can actually do this.  Month 4.....Wham!  Feel like I'm right back at square one.  Not sure what it is with this month but it keeps me hanging on day by day.  Sigh.

14 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

you are in the last month of No Mans Land

JonesCarpeDiem

some of us have had our worst days in the fourth month.

Giulia

This is just par for the course for this addiction.  We're purring right along and then WHAM, knocked to ground again.  Nothing for it.  Just get up and press onward.  There are ebbs and flows.  You're in an ebb.  It will begin to flow again.  You just have to hang on.  Trust us Elder's on this.  If ebbs didn't eventually dissipate, none of us would have a long-term quit.  Hang in.

elvan

Dale is right, that's why he has that on his page.  I honestly cannot tell you how many times I went back to that page those first few months.  Just think of how far you have come and congratulate yourself on your progress and know that it WILL get easier.  You've got this!  You've got US!

Jennifer-Quit

That demon dies hard - but you will get thru this!  Do whatever it takes it carry on - and you will be one proud and happy quitter!

JACKIE1-25-15

Just another test.  You will get through it.  If you stick to no matter what NOPE.  It will be a breeze.  When you say no the further you can go. Don't give up. 

Mike.n.Atlanta

Sounds like you need to distract yourself. Congrats on the 4 months of freedom.

Keep on keepin on,

M n @

Athena8

Great info.  Thank You

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 4 months. The worst is almost over. Dale always told me "the only way out is through" and you are close! Stay Strong! WTG on coming here and talking about it! Keep moving forward!  ~Terrie~

Strudel

Glad Dale shared his info with you. Congrats on 4 months - keep going! You will be so glad you did - trust me! 

crazymama_Lori

I call it the Mr. Nicobod (Nicodude) giving his last ditch effort to reel you back in.  A great article (blog) to read is: A Quit Dialogue in IV Acts.  Another great group to look at is https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/relapse-prevention?sr=search&searchId=797f19eb-ebd3-4792-b....  I went there a lot when I was just where you are now‌

bacardigirl

I just started month5 and I think I sometimes expect to have no more cravings. I know I will always have those moments and I know all about banging my head on a wall ( I might even have a couple of dents). Hang in there, we will always have bad days, that is a given-but they can now be smoke free days, that is a choice.

elvan

Hope you are doing better and that you realize the choice is STILL all yours.