cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Mid-Life Crisis

Diane145
0 7 22

Ok, here's the deal and I just came to this conclusion last night ... I think I'm having a "mid-life" crisis!

Definition: sense of uncertainty or anxiety about one's identity, values, relationships, etc. My question to that is ... does any of it matter ... does anyone really care ... 
It seems to me that everyone's just too busy to even send a Email or text greeting once in awhile. Or do those who are supposed to be closest to me not care ... perhaps they believe I have no feelings ... I have no idea!!

Here's a passage that I read from the Grace Trilogy in the first book titled "Love".
"Think of all the moments in your life that might have been breakthrough moments if you only had someone to share them with, someone who believed in you and in whatever inspiration had come to you."

WOW, how powerful is that statement??!!!! If I only had guidance and encouragement when I was younger how things would have been different. Instead, I had to forge ahead on my own with all of my IN your FACE mistakes. So, am I really having a Mid-Life Crisis, or have I met the challenges head on and surmounted them? My greatest accomplishment: MY DAUGHTERS. Does the rest matter or not ... I can't say.

So with that said, I'm hungry and going to enjoy my lunch ... by myself. I kinda like my quiet time.

NO SMOKING for me!!  I don't really want one yet the thought keeps popping in my head.  As long as I stay away from the triggers like alcohol or other smokers, I'll be just fine.  I intend to do just that.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

7 Comments
djmurray

Hey, Diane -- I'm at work right now and can't really be on this site too long, but i wanted you to know that someone heard you.  I'll write more tonight.  We are in this together, and there's a lot I can relate to in what you said.

Hang in there and Yay for no smoking.

JonesCarpeDiem

Good Job.

Quitting smoking involves many emotional and life changes. It can't help but do so.

Onward and Upward

YoungAtHeart

We hid from all those kinds of thoughts when we smoked.  Lonely?  Have a cigarettte?  Sad?  Have a cigarette?  Wondering who your friends are?  Have a cigarette!  We just didn't DEAL!

Now, however, without that cloud of smoke, we are having to deal with it all.  It's a GOOD thing, I think.  I am finding it interesting that the "friends" I thought were my best have not been the ones who have come through while I am laid up.  I am taking it for what it's worth and moving forward.  I am trying not to cast judgment - it serves no purpose!

Take care - and enjoy your new awakening!

Nancy

paradise2

Hey Diane, your not alone on this mid life crisis thing. I feel I am in one myself. I deal with so much drama around me it drives me to smoke. I can't walk away from the drama because some of it is my family and some of it is my job. I don't look for support from any one because I know it's not there so I have to look to myself for strength and reasoning. I have learned that I can change anything in my life if I want it bad enough and I don't need approval from any one. Basically when I told everyone I was quitting they were all negative toward me with sarcastic remarks. So I knew I needed some kind of help on this because I tried quitting before and couldn't. So here I am relying on strangers for support. I quit worrying about what people think of me or what I am doing. I am doing this for me and when I quit and know I can handle this without turning back to a cigarette I can smile and know that I did it. I have never turned my back on friends and family and never will even though they don't believe in me, I believe in me. I also believe in you. I may not know you but I can always use a friend who is going through what I am and understands. So if you need a friend to just talk or not have a cigarette with I am here. Today is my first day of quitting and I am pushing not to pick one up. Congrats on quitting and don't let anyone get you down. What your doing is something to be proud of. The only opinion that matters is your own. Take care.

candu2

Yes...early in the quit can feel like an emotional rollercoaster.  Hang in there...it gets better!

62 days 11 min 23 sec

JACKIE1-25-15

I hope after you wrote your blog that it made you feel better.  I am glad that you took the opportunity to express yourself.  My comment is better late than never.  Everything is going to be okay. You wouldn't be the great person that you are if you did not have the mistakes in your life.

Diane145

Yes, I truly feel like making these posts is uplifting as going to confession!

While we may be strangers, we do have a common bond and support each other on this journey.

I am happy to be friends with you and hope you'll continue to post and chat with me from time to time. 

I'm still doing well with not smoking, but still on an emotional rollercoaster.  I think it's just life in general and the realization of my age.  I'm probably now beyone the "mid-life" range.  Good Lord.  I'm still thankful for life, health, home, job, and the support of my online friends here!

Wishing you all a wonderful, smoke-free hour, day, and week!!  Together we can do this.