Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Memorial Day 2021

DavesTime
4 6 115

20210531_162055.jpg

 My wife and I returned to our small-town cemetery this afternoon after attended the meaningful service led by our local American Legion this morning. The picture above shows only a small part of this beautiful place.  It was impressively decked out in well over 400 flags, which are erected every year for the Memorial Day weekend--each flag given by the family of a departed veteran.  At the service this morning the names of the deceased who have served our country in the armed forces during wartime were read; not allowed the died in combat, but all served.  I try to attend the ceremony every year.  It helps me, as one who never served, to remember the personal sacrifice of so many, that we may enjoy our freedom.  God bless them!

6 Comments
About the Author
I was a closet smoker from the time I first tried a cigarette at fourteen years old. It was going to be a one-time experiment when I was by myself, just to see what it like, but it didn't work out that way. Forty-seven years later, after countless attempts to quit smoking, I finally was able to quit smoking on 9/12/18! I couldn't have done it without this site and the wonderful people who are here.