cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Membership Approved – I am joining the 6% Club

Chris265
0 36 35

Yup – I started this journey April 2nd of last year, and here I am a year later.  It has been a bumpy ride – but I have had a lot of good company along the way.  Stac and Jules a few days ahead of me, and so many others over the past twelve months guiding the way.  (Brian, Skygirl, Joy, Nyima, Michwoman, Freedom38, Cory, Nikki, BrendaM, PattyCake, Kris, Youngatheart, NanaWendy to name a few) 

Cigarettes may travel in packs – but so do the quitters!

This site has to be way over 6% for a success rate!  Thanks to the education, cyber friendships and as Giulia calls it – the Symphony of Support.

And I look at the folks behind me that you can tell are going to make it – I was going to list names, but don’t want to jinx anyone.  (But Lois – I think this is finally your time)

Thanks to the Elders who stay on this site to help others, and all of those who may not have been quit as long but offer so much valuable advice and support.  Who would have thought we would end up with a Caravan Master?

Thanks to all.  Now for Year Two ……

36 Comments
peri-quit-3-23-2014

Congratulations to you!! You are an inspiration to us newbies well done on 1 year quit!

jojo_2-24-11

WTG Chris! Welcome to the 6% Club

OldBones-Larry

Way to go Chris. I'm very proud of you. I'll join you there in about 6 months, so save me a place.

Larry the Caravan Master

OldBones-Larry

OH! Put in a good word for me please..........

Larry

linda258

Look at that 6% Club grow..... CONGRATULATIONS...

Billy_8-3-2013

Congratulations Chris!  I am happy for you.  Thank you for the support you have given me.

cheyenne7

Congratulations Chris....that is awesome!!!!!

phyllis-12-7-15

WELL DONE CHRIS

Very proud and happy for you.

HUGS

Brenda_M

CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

I hope you do something really special to celebrate today.

(I know, right? Isn't Larry great???)

nanawendy

Congratulations Chris and welcome to the club !!!  We were a group of serious quitters and most of us made it.  We are proof that if you want it, and listen to the advice of the Elders this site works.  Isn't the freedom wonderful ??  Keep moving forward !! You Rock

keep calm and carry on

Wendy

12/31/12

trudyd

Congratulations I hope to be in the 6% Club in 10 months!!

Sootie

Chris---CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!!!! Hope you celebrated----you deserve it!

GreenThumb3

That's awesome congrats on joining the one year club 

Jaxson1-16-14

Congratulations Chris!! 1 year! That is AWESOME!!  You ROCK!

Strudel

Chris - How wonderful!! Happy anniversary! Congrats to you on one year!! 

cheryl_1-1-14

Fantastic!!  A year seems so far away to me so I can imagine how proud you must be of yourself.  Well deserved!!  You've earned your spot in a very elite group.  Good for you.

SkyGirl

I never doubted that you had it in you, Chris!  Congratulations!  Be very proud of yourself, because you deserve it.  

xxxooo,   Sky

meme21

Congrats!! And thanks for being an example......I can do this!!!

Meme (3/24/14:)

Pops

Thank you for blazing the trail just a little bit wider for the rest of us.  Congrats & I hope to join you in that eleusive club.  

God bless you

Pops  😉

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations Chris!

moody_9-18-13

YES!

Love it, love it, love it!!

Brian100

Chris you are amazing!  Huge congratulations on joining the club and your strength and compassion are what got you here.  Had to pop back on to give you huge props!

Thomas3.20.2010

Way to Go Chris!!!

Another Proud 6%er!

Never Ever Forget!!!

smorgy8513

Chris....Many, Big, Fantastic, Amazing............and on and on   CONGRATS TO YOU!     I always love to see your calm, clear, supportive comments to the blogs.     You have been a great support for me.       I'll see you in 4 months!      Save me a spot!

Sharon    241 days of Freedom

Rick_M

Congrats to you Chris, one whole year no smoke is a big deal. Welcome to the club.

Stac2

Congratulations Chris!  Knew you would make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SOOOOO happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the 6% club.  It is so wonderful to be on this journey with you.

Sending you virtual of the following......

BALLOONS

FLOWERS

CAKE

CANDY

COOKIES

GAZOOS

TRUMPETS

MARCHING BAND

BANNER

AND A HUGE HUG FROM TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Woo hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XO

Magstoyou

Congratulations on  1 yr Chris,

The 6% club-That is such a milestone.

You have to be feeling proud!!!

Mag261d

ShawnP

I am a day late here  announced you on the Freedom Train!

Happy 1st Anniversary to you!

Giulia

Could not be happier for you, Chris!  (Symphony of Support - I like that!  You sure I said it???  I'll have to remember it so I can use it again!  lol)  I'd have to agree with you - this site has got to have  more than a 6% success rate.  The blessings for us oldbies is in celebrating and sharing  each new  gorgeous year milestone.  You have just given us all another reason to stick around.  Real proud of ya!  

freeneasy

Congratulations Chris! Great blog too! I think you are right. This site is a great resource for help... when used as directed..

LouiseR

Congrats on 1 year.  Yipee!!!

Patty-cake

Chris,

You are looking beautiful in your 6% wardrobe. You wear it well. 

You obviously did well with all those bumps you came across in your first year's journey, because you are here and shouting out about it.

Congrats!!!!! Please enjoy the flowers from me to you.

wishingstar

Happy  1 year

Mrs.Rum

Oh wonderful!  I love this and I'm close on your heels.  🙂  Congratulations!

Jules7

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!! SO PROUD OF YOU! It seemed as if the days flew by at the end and now here we are at 6%. Keep up the good work. Here's to year 2 indeed!

ShawnP