cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

May 1st and tomorrow my grandson will be 17 years old.

carole2
0 6 11
May 1st 2009 and my oldest grandson will be 17 tomorrow. I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Man time sure flies!

Well as you may have guessed........ I was not put on the transplant list again. They want me to have a petscan and rule out cancer. They don't feel I could withstand a biopsy so I guess they chose this way instead. Ya know .... next time..... I think I won't even mention going before the board. I'll just wait till I'm listed then surprise you all. I should be going I think in about 2 weeks.

Last week my oldest son was here when my oxygen hose got caught under my bedroom door. I was just outside the room standing on a throw rug with one foot about to take my next step when down I went on the wood to the threshold of the room across from mine smack on my right knee. My skin tares easily for some reason, maybe because of my meds, and it just pealed back all layers right down to the knee cap. I was surprised how little it bled. But man it hurt so freakin bad let me tell ya. He picked me up and carried me to the emergency room where they gave me about 12 staples and a leg immobilizer and in 2 1/2 weeks I can get the staples out. But geesh even to go to the bathroom is a chore you have to hold your leg up in the air to keep it from bending. lol And I have to use twice as much air to get around. What's next Lord? lol

Hugs,
Carole

6 Comments