cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Making It Past 11 Weeks

michael105
0 8 3

Sorry I haven't checked in since March, folks, but am still going strong with the Quit and feel okay most days. I feel bad that I've been so busy with school, because I haven't been here to support my friends. A few of them didn't reply to my last post, and I got a bit depressed, thinking that they had started smoking again and had left us.

I figure I've saved about $775.00 since I quit January 25th, although I am eating more, and although my doctor said I looked healthier in the face, I've also gained 20 pounds and getting love handles, which my vanity doesn't like at all!

Funny, the last time I quit, I didn't gain weight. Well, I did, but it was in muscle because I was excercising at a gym. I don't have enough money for that these days. Ah, well. I will need to do something about it this summer, as I don't like feeling "heavy" and not used to it.

Keep the Quit!!

~Michael

8 Comments
annie36

Way to go Michael! So proud of ya! Annie

james41

Good to hear from you, glad you are having contiued success. I too have gained  some  unwanted weight! Yuk!

James

Live4thedash

Whooo Hoooo  ~~~  11 Weeks !!! Way to go. That's great and thanks for sharing your success story!!   Keeps us newbies going in the right direction!!!

Yaya2.6.10

Hooray!  I'm a week behind you and finally feeling comfortable in the Quit.  Worry about the weight later.  I'm one of the rare ones that was underweight to start with and haven't gained an ounce.  Should I brag or just take some of yours?  LOL

finewine

Congartulations on 11 weeks.  I've gained a bit of weight also and can't and don't have time for the YMCA right now as I'm going to class 4 nights a week soooo I work in a building that has four flights of stairs.  I climb them twice about 4 times a day.  If you don't work in a building you could go to the mall and walk the stairs instead of taking the escalator.  I'm at 43 days and going strong.

May the Lord guide you through this challenge.

Thomas3.20.2010

When you check in and let us know how you're doing at 11 weeks - it is such a motivator for the folks behind you!  We appreciate it and are truly thrilled to know that you're doing so well!  THANK YOU and CONGRATULATIONS on 11 weeks!

Sootie

Good to hear from you again Michael and congrats on the 11 weeks.

emt088

Glad to hear from you Michael! I was getting worried about you! Congratulations on 11 weeks.. were almost to 3 months now..