cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made it thru hell week....again.

jennifer53
0 7 41
It was not near as bad this time...maybe because I had only fallen off the wagon for such a short period of time? Or maybe because I knew what to expect this time? Not sure...anyway I am back to feeling like I was at day 60 or so of my first quit. Cigarettes very rarely cross my mind and when they do it's fleeting. I just hope the nicodemon doesn't come back around the 3 month mark again...he is a persistent bastard that is for sure.

The weather is starting to change, fall is coming and today is the first day of our college football season! Lots of triggers will be popping up in the next few weeks, I am a big time football fan and fall weekends consist of watching the games, drinking lots of beer, eating to much and of course smoking lots.

Tommorrow morning will be a big one, I am going on my first plane trip as a non smoker. A 3 hour flight to Houston with a 1 hour layover and then another short flight to San Antonio. That is going to be a tough one. Airports always killed me. Maybe now I won't dread them so much since I won't be needing to find a way to get outside so I can get a fix. I can just sit and people watch while waiting on my plane : )

Well I am out of here until Tuesday, everyone have a safe, happy & smoke free Labor Day weekend!
7 Comments
done-with-this
Airports can be hell...I remember the last few times I traveled, we were in an airport where they have those little "smoke rooms", and I can still remember how disgusting the air smelled - stale and full of smoke. Not to mention, that's what I smelled like after I came out of there, and how pathetic I felt walking in there in the first place! If you get the urge, try taking some deep breaths of clean air. Good luck Jennifer!
Demando
I cannot wait for football to start.
jada
I hear ya about the football! Love watching football and drinking beer and eating lots of food, but I'm gonna have to do it without the cigarettes from now on. I think I'll be okay! You will too!
jeannie2
Good job on being a good girl. Im glad your keeping it up! I think i might skip the beer for awhile when i watch the games because i like strawberry margaritas better now. I really like all flavors come to think of it. Lime, orange... whatever... sounds good!
edith2
If the Nicodemon does come back and it most likely will because we're addicts, you'll be better prepared this time. The first time I flew after I quit was very uncomfortable because I had just had knee surgery and I got cramps in my leg real bad when I sat for long periods of time and my flight was only 2 1/2 hours from Seattle to San Diego! But the great part is that I didn't have any "nicky" fits! That's the part I loved about it. I have the freedom to go anywhere I want now and not worry about where and if I can smoke! I love the freedom of being a non-smoker!
Denise28
I think you will be fine, I had slipped quite a few times as well and this last time, it was soooooooooooo easy and my husband smokes, you'll be fine now. I only had realy quick seconds around day 70, 80 and that's it nothing that I couldn't handle. I slipped at day 60 and then a few times after that. I just kept moving on and once I passed day 10, it felt like I was on day 60 or so I think too.
Brenda_M
Done with this, I remember when I would go in there feeling like a loser, I'd always feel better because I realized I was one of the few who realized I should feel like a loser. There were always these people in there talking about government oppression and back in the old days, you could smoke anywhere... ugh.