cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made it through week one!

jlharrel
0 12 15

Thanks for all the new support! Yesterday was a hard one. My biggest trigger is driving, and I had to take a 2 hour commute to a work meeting. I was hoping I would start having more energy, but I haven't so far. I guess it takes awhile to get all the poison and junk out of your lungs.

12 Comments
Christine13

Congrats on being thru the first week!  

You're doing this!  🙂

Christine

Barbara145

You are right it takes awhile to heal from the abuse we did to ourselves.  Congrats on one week.  It is really huge in the grand scheme of a quit.  If you quit for a week you can quit forever.  Stay close to this site.  I believe it is "quit Insurance."  It has been for me.  Carry on!

cpsono

Week one is huge!!!  I never thought I could make it through even one day, and here I am at 150 days smoke-free...What I have learned is that this is very much a one day at a time process.  With commitment and visiting this site often, you will succeed!  Congrats to you on getting through week one!   CP 

constanceclum

Congratulations, you have made it through "hell week"!

JonesCarpeDiem

2-3 weeks for most to get through the energy blahs although some people have reported feeling more energetic. That's why we say this period is a roller coaster.

YoungAtHeart

You are still early in your quit - patience, my friend!   The benefits will come - and you will be SO happy you stayed the course.  

I kept an ice cold bottle of water in the car to sip from when I was driving.  You also might try counting the stop lights you hit or miss, or the number of blue or red or white cars you see.  Keep your mind occupied and there won't be room for smoking craves!

Hang in there - you ARE doing this!

Nancy

elvan

Congratulations on your first week of freedom, great reason to celebrate!  I am with Nancy, the ice cold water, LOTS of it, helps to keep you occupied and also flushes your system.  You will feel better as time goes by and it is so worth it not to injure yourself more by smoking.

Puff-TM-Draggin

Congratulations!  Your first week is a major milestone.  So is your second.  Once you put the second behind you, the turbulance should settle down.  You are doing this1

Youngatheart's suggestions to distract yourself are good but I say put the pedal to the metal, cut that two hour drive down to 40 mins., and count the number of white cars with red and blue flashing lights in your rear-view mirror.  And then they put you in this little room with a lock on the door so that you for-sure won't smoke.  It's a win-win situation!

Anyway, great job, Pal!  Stay the course.  Keep busy!  Be well!

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on day seven it is like being in HEAVEN.  I knew that if I could get through the first 24 hours, I had it made and I did.  272 days freedom.  Keep up the good work.   I am a nonsmoker.

kristen-9-7-15

Awesome job!

jlharrel
Thx for all of your encouragement
TerrieQuit

Great job! getting through week one is awesome! Keep up the good work!

Terrie  111  DOF