cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Made it six months

diverted
0 11 25

Today marks six months smoke-free, cold turkey. So glad I didn't go the route of chantix/gum/lozenges etc. In my eyes, I was way better off breaking my ties with nicotine as soon as possible rather than spreading out the misery. I know this isn't for everyone, but it's the only way that's worked for me (I had tried before with the use of aids, and didn't last more than a month or so). Whatever method you choose, best of luck. If I can do it, you can! I fell a gazillion times better now (physically and spiritually) than I did when I was puffing down nearly a pack a day. Good riddance, I don't need them.

11 Comments
james41

Hey congratulations on 6 months. And remember if anybody ask you, Chantix isn't a NRT, no nicotine in it. But I agree on the slow agonizing withdrawal of NRT, I just couldn't do it, however used Chantix for about 3 weeks before my quit date and did what it promised.

Again Go 6 Months!!!!!

patrick-marsh

congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barbara42

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!

MissiAnn

Congrats! 6 months wow

JonesCarpeDiem

Good for you!

JoAnne5-14-2008

- Wonderful "6" months!!! - Cheering you on to "12". 

dawn4

Ted! 

CONGRATULATIONS ON SIX MONTHS SMOKE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sootie

Good to hear from you again, Ted and CONGRATULATIONS on 6 months!!! 

Thomas3.20.2010

GO Ted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Good to hear from you!

mare5

Congratulations! I've decided to go cold turkey for final quit. I'm just over 72 hrs. For me personally, NRT only kept me in denial. Each & every one of us has to find a way to stop thas addiction. Good for you

onelasttime

6 months  Great news that is 50% of a year. NOw that sound like a long time without a smoke.....lol      Glad you are feeling better it is amazing how much freeing yourself does....Congratulation to you celebrate give yourself something nice....